Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What to throw for black bass in April? I caught 4 last night in my pond on a small floating/diving Rapala but wondering if this is spinner bait weather?
My favorite is either a threadfin shad crappie spinnerbait, or a chartreuse/white/blue spinnerbait. One or the other rarely fails to get a bite!

Stephen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wondering anyone know or have heard if white bass at the Canton lake have started running up the creek to spawn yet?
I have fished at the dam on Monday during 20 mph north wind and was okay, and I checked the Canadian river on the Northside of the lake and nothing there. I am really wanted to bring my wife to experience the white bas run this year for the first time. And really don’t want to drag her out there if not the right timing, I was hoping if anyone will let me know the run has started yet.
Thank you!

Last edited:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wondering anyone know or have heard if white bass at the Canton lake have started running up the creek to spawn yet?
I have fished at the dam on Monday during 20 mph north wind and was okay, and I checked the Canadian river on the Northside of the lake and nothing there. I am really wanted to bring my wife to experience the white bas run this year for the first time. And really don’t want to drag her out the if not the right timing, I was hoping if anyone will let me know the run has started yet.
Thank you!
It should be any day

ch1966

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What to throw for black bass in April? I caught 4 last night in my pond on a small floating/diving Rapala but wondering if this is spinner bait weather?
Rapala is never the wrong answer. Those floaters keep you out of the weed and above the fish.
Water temps getting up there and spinnerbaits will probably trigger strikes too.
Good luck. post pics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom