Fitness trackers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any of you guys or your wives wear or use one? My wife kinda wants one, we are both trying to get our butts up and moving and she thought that maybe one might help....just curious if any of you guys used one...if so, which one?

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see friends' tracker reports on FB all the time, but have no inclination to purchase or use one. I run without watch as well. I use the convenient 1 mile farm road interval to keep track of distance, and just enjoy being outdoors.

FWIW- if you already have an iPod or iPhone, the little Nike shoe widget is pretty cheap. Worth a look to see if it's something you'll actually use and benefit from.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have a smart phone there is a free app called Runkeeper. I personally use this one. It will allow you to listen to music on your phone while running and I have mine set to let me know each 1/4 mile. It tells me my time and my projected time for a mile. However it tracks you via sattle light and therefore you must be moving and not on a treadmill. You can also set a goal of the time you want to run 1 mile and it lets you know if you are under or over. Once it tells you the info it goes back to playing your music.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has worn a fitbit for 2 years. it has helped her immensely.

She has lost 76 pounds since October.

Dude, that is awesome...my wife has lost weight...not that she needs too...she wants to lose as much as she can before getting pregnant, If that makes sense...she thought that they may help me more than her....I tend to lack the motivation that she has...hell, I lost 10 lbs in the last 3 weeks...lol But, I'm open to it. She has an iPhone and I have an Android, so should work out.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude, that is awesome...my wife has lost weight...not that she needs too...she wants to lose as much as she can before getting pregnant, If that makes sense...she thought that they may help me more than her....I tend to lack the motivation that she has...hell, I lost 10 lbs in the last 3 weeks...lol But, I'm open to it. She has an iPhone and I have an Android, so should work out.

She has always struggled with it. turning 40 was the motivation that she needed, she has made serious progress and I am quite proud of her for it.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only issue with the fitbit is the charger is a dongle-type, it is USB only and has a specific connector, lose it and you have to buy another. Other than that, my wife loves it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom