Fn 5.7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love mine, just hard to source ammo for....even before the ammo frenzy. Favorite feature is the downward discharge.

are you referring to the ejection on the PS90? the downward discharge on the five seven sounds interesting i would love to watch that video lol jk.

Bad Omen

Marksman
Reaction score
Overall I have heard good things about the 5.7, one of them is the accuracy of the pistol based on the design of the pistol and due to the ballistics of the caliber. I've heard of owners easily shooting out to ranges of 75 yards. Although have not personally seen it in action. Also have heard the recoil is less than a 9mm and is overall a very comfortable gun to shoot.

That is one downside I have considered is the availability and cost of the ammo. I have seen a few places that have it for sale but the selection is limited to just the SS197, lead free projectiles I believe.

I am leaning towards it being my next major firearm purchase, since the market has stabilized.
Trying to get all the goodies that first female president and first man will have on their "demon weapons to ban" list.

Thanks for the input comrades..

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of a ****** choice since there aren't that many makers of ammo. Things like sights, gunsmiths, magazines, and holsters are stupidly priced and/or have limited availability. Near identical to shooting a 22wmr but both the gun and the ammo costs a lot more. They are light weight and the factory trigger isn't too bad but you do have to deal with a magazine safety, in addition to lots of flash, noise, and ammo available doesn't penetrate as well as expected.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I read a review of this handgun, I think in Gun Tests. Seems like there was virtually no drop in the round @ 100 yards, the high velocity small caliber round was intended to defeat body armor. It provokes debate between big bore and small bore enthusiasts about its efficacy for personal defense. Irregardless, it is a vicious little projectile fired from a reliable platform.

Latest posts

Top Bottom