FNH Five-Seven

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diggerman

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love mine, but you can pretty much forget about retrieving your brass, that stuff flies a long way. The cartridge has very little recoil but it is extremely loud with a big flash in low light. I see you are around Weatherford, if you make it around Norman and want to try one before dropping all that money on one, let me know and you can try mine out.:gun1:

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one and like it. They have very light recoil. The magazines hold 20 rounds and they sell an extension so they can hold 30. Ammo prices have leveled out around the $20/50 mark. For awhile I couldn't find it under $30. I also have an AR57 that I need to get the new optic sighted in.

Diggerman

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only shot targets, paper, jugs, cans and any thing else. All I know is it would sure ruin someone's day to get hit by one. It is designed to tumble after entry and causing a wound channel much larger than a conventional hollow point. This is also supposed to mitigate over-penetration since the round uses all its energy in the target. Look at Elite ammunition for some devastating rounds. Much more than the .22 magnum that the 5.7 is often compared to.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son has one that I fire when he is around. Pretty impressive but reloaders complain that they are not able to duplicate factory ammo performance. At $ .50 a round, I would have to be able to reload for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom