folding survival bow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnboomer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Midwest City (usually)/Eufaula (when possible)
These types of bows have been around for a long time in one form or another. I remember many years ago seeing what was then called a "pack bow" that consisted of an aluminum grip that had fiberglass limbs that slipped into sockets and secured.

I wouldn't think a 40 or 50# pull would be much good for anything other than small animals as most archery hunters think that a 55# pull is minimum for using broad heads on deer-sized game (or two-legged predators).

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of these breakdown bows have interchangeable arms. If you are new... Start out light and get used to the gear, then buy some heavier arms for taking big game.

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
These types of bows have been around for a long time in one form or another. I remember many years ago seeing what was then called a "pack bow" that consisted of an aluminum grip that had fiberglass limbs that slipped into sockets and secured.

I wouldn't think a 40 or 50# pull would be much good for anything other than small animals as most archery hunters think that a 55# pull is minimum for using broad heads on deer-sized game (or two-legged predators).

The lighter the weight of draw, the more a person will practice with it, because it's more comfortable to shoot......more practice, the greater the accuracy and so on. Heavier arrows will compensate for the lower draw weight to a point when it comes to penetration. One of my longbows is 55lbs, and it was my favorite, now my 40lb one is just because I can shoot it more, comfortably. My recurve is 45lbs, but isn't as smooth as my longbows, all three have taken several deer over the years. As with anything, as long your out there trying, it's all personal preference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom