Preserving **** ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok guys ... @Glock 'em down and his donut thread gave me an idea so blame him for this little adventure.

I see things on YT ALL.THE.TIME. that I want to go back and use for info. ESPECIALLY recipes and/or ways to preserve garden stuff. I don't know what it is about ms -- ADHD, maybe 🤷 -- but I HATE having 4,000 pints of the same thing put up. I'd much rather have 3 or 4 pints of a tomatos put up a different way (like different flavor profile) than a bazillion pints of plain o'tomato sauce.

So ... Here's where I'm gonna stick videos with things I want to try. Right now I am covered up in tomatos. Tomatos that taste so good you nearly ... Well ... Sigh ... They are just REALLY REALLY good.😋😋 And I don't want to lose any of them ...

If y'all have any recipes you wanna share, geek free.

And just so you know recipes for fig leaves and ripe and green fig jam and syrup are coming down the pike. 🤗

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Came back to say why I saved this one.(Had chores to do real quick.) I've never seen anyone put ginger in a tomato soup recipe -- roasted or otherwise. Sounds intriguing ...

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I picked tomatos yesterday and this morning. I'm off to the store to get a piece of ginger. (I really need to grow me some of that ****.) I'll let you guys know if it's as good as it looks.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ginger sounds interesting, never heard that one before. Got a bushel of maters sitting in the kitchen to do something with right now. But pretty sure my wife has them dedicated to homemade. Spaghetti sauce. We ran out a couple months back and store bought ain't the same.
Let us know how the ginger turns out.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok the ginger worked out GREAT! Might use a smaller garlic clove next time as the whole house STILL smells like garlic. When I get done with all the maters (I STILL have a sink full, with another bowl on the counter and I STILL need to go pick again ... And I only have 2 plants this year!! 😲 I'll post some pics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom