Food Plot Basics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You got it on several times! :D

I went over to another place to spray today. Got out to the food plot with 8' weeds. Mostly sunflower. Couldn't even see the ground they were so thick. Noticed I was slowing down, so stopped. I was over 2' deep already. Water was 2" deep everywhere. Have no clue where it all came from.
Need about a week of dry weather. Might be able to get the tractor out then. :scream: If not, a dozer is in order.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where on earth did you find that?!?!?! I gave up looking for one. If I'm ever gonna' get any food plots in, it's gonna' have to be with little stuff like that! Not easy to come by!

Are you hitting some of the old farm estate auctions? I found most of the stuff I used in the early days in the junk piles of the farmers. Took a little welding and fabing, but they work.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where on earth did you find that?!?!?! I gave up looking for one. If I'm ever gonna' get any food plots in, it's gonna' have to be with little stuff like that! Not easy to come by!

Picked it up on Craigslist for $150 the other day. He was a guy that does a lot of farm auctions. I'll let you know how it does in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You got it on several times! :D

I went over to another place to spray today. Got out to the food plot with 8' weeds. Mostly sunflower. Couldn't even see the ground they were so thick. Noticed I was slowing down, so stopped. I was over 2' deep already. Water was 2" deep everywhere. Have no clue where it all came from.
Need about a week of dry weather. Might be able to get the tractor out then. :scream: If not, a dozer is in order.

Went cheap and sprayed one plot with some ground clear that cost $9 at Walmart.. Got to reading about it and it says nothing will grow in that spot for 12 months. Hope my plot will even come up now. That has me worried.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went cheap and sprayed one plot with some ground clear that cost $9 at Walmart.. Got to reading about it and it says nothing will grow in that spot for 12 months. Hope my plot will even come up now. That has me worried.

Your in trouble. The ground is sterilized. Ground traveling plants like Bermuda won't even send runners across that area. I'd be looking for another area. Seriously.

Latest posts

Top Bottom