Food Plot Basics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Erickmelo - You are correct but you must do your homework before planting first to determine your soil conditions. When you review your test results then you either remediate the soil or plant whatever will grow under those set of conditions. I work with landowners and assist them in determining what is best for their soil and remediate where necessary. I assisted a wheat farmer in 2012 and increased his yield by 46% and saved him $120/acre on fertilizer. He simply started a program to restore his soil, increased his fertility and begin remediating the effects of salt water contamination due to drilling. He did this and saved $120/acre on fertilizer plus increased the yield. This study was reported in a national magazine.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I was west of Ponca a ways this afternoon, I was setting a trap in a dry creek bed. There was very little wind, I hear something crashing thru the leaves up above me, sounded like a diller. Sure enough, this diller dives off of the edge above me, trots across the creek bed, leaving a large dust cloud behind him, just like the dust cloud cattle would leave in a corral, it's really, really dry. .22 pistol was in the truck of course.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last Tuesday when I was driving to Nebraska I lost count after 14 the number of dillers between Guthrie and Tonkawa. I could have had a ball shootin dillers with my .22 mag out of the passenger window. I also could have received a stern talkin to by OHP plus a ticket or worse. I dont think the trooper would believe self defense." Honestly, Officer I was exercising my Second Amendment rights against a herd of marauding dillers" He would have been jealous cause he didnt get to do it:woohoo1:

Latest posts

Top Bottom