For those of you who hate raccoons...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drowning is like going to sleep once you breathe in that water.

Yea there are some normal things I have not had the chance to eat.
Alligator, Possum, Rattle snake, Antelope, horse and I do not think I have eaten snails yet .
I've had Alligator, opossum, rattled snake and snails. I best shut my mouth.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had Alligator, opossum, rattled snake and snails. I best shut my mouth.
I have had dog, bob cat, Coyote, Peacock, Raw deer meat. Raw carp, muscles from a pond, grass hoppers raw alive and june bugs alive and scorpion alive and alive minnows and gold fish of course.
Sparrows , crackles, wood pecker, water turkey. Alligator snapper, regular snapper, red ear slider, soft shell turtle.. soft shell is the best.
Those are the odd things I have eaten

Raw trout eye..HORRIBLE!! Then my dad said you got to ice them down boy.
I was in 3rd grade so I got a handful of ice and put the next eye I cut out of the trout head in it and chilled it. Bit into that one after I popped it into my mouth.
They taste just like stomach acid (throw up) but I swallowed both of them after chewing them up because they are supposed to be good for you.

After I ate the second one and said it tastes just the same as the first, my dad said: You ain't too bright are ya boy.

See what I had to deal with.

Dad left me at a family pond on land way out nowhere and went to town about 4 pm and did not get back until about noon the next day.
I was 14 and no food but left me a junky 357 that pulled tons of lead each time you shot it.

Cotton mouth snakes were thick in that pond and one pestering one kept swimming to me and up onto the shore and towards me in a chair.
I could not hit it for squat.
Finally trapped it under a bucket and found a Y shaped stick and pinned his head and cut it off.

I kept a fire going all night as there was just me a chair and tackle box and pole and pistol.

I had a knife and matches and kept a fire going all night for light.
I did not sleep and I got so hungry and decided to cook that snake after I killed it.
Had it cooking pretty well and almost done.
It was around noon and I seen my dad and his cronies and he seen my snake cooking and asked what I was doing and I told him I am about to eat it because I am starving.

He got a stick and scooped it from the fire and tossed it into the pond.
Said boy you don't eat cotton mouths they are "poisonous".

I said rattle snakes are too and people eat them.
He said you just don't eat cotton mouths.

Effin dinty moore beef stew from a can once again.

Snake cooked on coals would have been better.
:)
I have never in my life paid for a can of beef stew.

Last edited:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even POW's would rather take a shot between the eyes rather than being tortured by the enemy and then shot. I read recently and I can't remember if it was int he Mideast or Vietnam that the squad of men made an agreement that if one was down in the opne and still alive and there was a extremely high chance of the enemy getting the wounded man that the others would shoot him before he was taken away and skinned alive.
So, if one is going to kill an animal, it should be done quickly and as painlessly as possible. Nothing alive deserves to suffer.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So lets go here....whoever can come up with the most subjective words wins lol.

The following is an example of a state statute dealing with cruelty to animals:
"A) No person shall:

• (1) Torture an animal, deprive one of necessary sustenance, unnecessarily or cruelly beat, needlessly mutilate or kill, or impound or confine an animal without supplying it during such confinement with a sufficient quantity of good wholesome food and water;
  • (2) Impound or confine an animal without affording it, during such confinement, access to shelter from wind, rain, snow, or excessive direct sunlight if it can reasonably be expected that the animals would otherwise become sick or in some other way suffer. Division (A)(2) of this section does not apply to animals impounded or confined prior to slaughter. For the purpose of this section, shelter means a man-made enclosure, windbreak, sunshade, or natural windbreak or sunshade that is developed from the earth's contour, tree development, or vegetation.
  • (3) Carry or convey an animal in a cruel or inhuman manner;
  • (4) Keep animals other than cattle, poultry or fowl, swine, sheep, or goats in an enclosure without wholesome exercise and change of air, *nor or feed cows on food that produces impure or unwholesome milk;
  • (5) Detain livestock in railroad cars or compartments longer than twenty-eight hours after they are so placed without supplying them with necessary food, water, and attention, nor permit such stock to be so crowded as to overlie, crush, wound, or kill each other.
  • (B) Upon the written request of the owner or person in custody of any particular shipment of livestock, which written request shall be separate and apart from any printed bill of lading or other railroad form, the length of time in which such livestock may be detained in any cars or compartment without food, water, and attention, may be extended to thirty-six hours without penalty therefor. This section does not prevent the dehorning of cattle.
  • (C) All fines collected for violations of this section shall be paid to the society or association for the prevention of cruelty to animals, if there be such in the county, township, or municipal corporation where such violation occurred."
Animals used for fighting purposes are subject to state laws, which vary by state. For example, the following is an example of a state law that allows confiscation of dogs used for fighting purposes. Local laws should be consulted for specific requirements in your area:

"(16) An animal that has been used to fight in violation of this section or that is involved in a violation of subsections (8) to (14) shall be confiscated as contraband by a law enforcement officer and shall not be returned to the owner, trainer, or possessor of the animal. The animal shall be taken to a local humane society or other animal welfare agency. If an animal owner, trainer, or possessor is convicted under subsection (2) or subsections (8) to (14), the court shall award the animal involved in the violation to the local humane society or other animal welfare agency "
The local authorities should fine and imprison mother nature when she pours out her rath on animals! Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom