For those of you who hate raccoons...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Noob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a raccoon but I killed a possum with a baseball bat when I was a teenager. We kept catfood at the top of the stairs for our outdoor cat and had a cat door. I opened the door and was staring at a huge possum eating g the catfood. It hissed at me and I grabbed the baseball bat off the wall next to it. The rest is history.
Far as raccoons go my friends older brother had similar experience.
Found a raccoon eating cat food in the garage. The garage was only half finished. He grabbed a can of white gas and climbed up into the rafters. Dropped a few cap fulls o to the raccoon and light a matchbook on fire. Dropped it onto the raccoon and it took off down the driveway, across the street and into the woods. Great balls of fire!

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a raccoon but I killed a possum with a baseball bat when I was a teenager. We kept catfood at the top of the stairs for our outdoor cat and had a cat door. I opened the door and was staring at a huge possum eating g the catfood. It hissed at me and I grabbed the baseball bat off the wall next to it. The rest is history.
Far as raccoons go my friends older brother had similar experience.
Found a raccoon eating cat food in the garage. The garage was only half finished. He grabbed a can of white gas and climbed up into the rafters. Dropped a few cap fulls o to the raccoon and light a matchbook on fire. Dropped it onto the raccoon and it took off down the driveway, across the street and into the woods. Great balls of fire!
I recall some years ago a frat house at OU getting in trouble for lighting up mice/rats and betting how far they would make it. Kids used to do the fire crackers in frogs/fish mouths when I was a kid but I never felt right about any of those kind of young Jeffry Dahmer type activities. My dad once caught some kids (with me watching) smashing crawdads for fun and he told us knock it off they were God's creatures, so maybe that why I am such a softie on wild animals. I fed the raccoons instead of killing them, but I paid a price for it until my German Shepherd ended that relationship.

Old Noob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drowning is like going to sleep once you breathe in that water.

Yea there are some normal things I have not had the chance to eat.
Alligator, Possum, Rattle snake, Antelope, horse and I do not think I have eaten snails yet .
Alligator, good blackened.
Rattle snake , pretty good. Bones in and fire roasted.
Horse, pretty good in stew. I had a friend who's wife was from Guam, she made a good horse stew.
Not tried possum yet. Just can get past the fact that they are just rats of the woods.
No antelope yet. I hear it's like elk/deer.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've killed several hundred of them in traps. There's zero reason why a .22 or a shovel won't dispatch a coon, coyote, bobcat or possum on the first attempt, because it will every time if done right. Check out the documentary "Trapper Jake" some time. Frail old guy in his upper 90's dispatching coyotes with a short metal rod.

Latest posts

Top Bottom