For those of you who hate raccoons...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody has posted this yet... :rolleyes2

b586a2ab-e2e4-44ac-99d6-44142ea56772_text.gif

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
My grandparents ate raccoon and possum regularly. Field birds too like larks. When you're hungry everything's on the menu.

As for this, it's Illinois. Karens control most of the government and they hate diesel engines, guns, and white people. These idiots never should have filmed it but unless I see them being intentionally torturous (getting glee from causing pain to the animal) I'm going to go with "Government Overraction" on this one.

I've had to baseball bat a possum before. It's not fun. It's awful. But if it's possum or chickens, guess who wins every time?
You bring up an amazing point!

Karen's control aspects of government. Do you know why? Because they have the ambition to get elelected and attend every single city hall meeting or governance functions they are allowed.

Real normal people ain't there anymore! They seem to think that the state will just do what is in their best interests when they complain about it enough on the net about things they don't like.

Go to a PTA meeting if you can, attend a city hall meeting and see who else shows up, what they talk about.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been battling raccoons most of the summer. They keep raiding my hummingbird feeders suspended between 2 trees. I don't know if they walk tight rope out to them and just shake the fire out of them. Anyway I finally had enough and picked up a couple of those 'tube' raccoon traps baited with Cherrios. Caught one the first night and introduced him to my wife's S&W Shield 380....at the cabin of course.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
So lets go here....whoever can come up with the most subjective words wins lol.

The following is an example of a state statute dealing with cruelty to animals:
"A) No person shall:

• (1) Torture an animal, deprive one of necessary sustenance, unnecessarily or cruelly beat, needlessly mutilate or kill, or impound or confine an animal without supplying it during such confinement with a sufficient quantity of good wholesome food and water;
  • (2) Impound or confine an animal without affording it, during such confinement, access to shelter from wind, rain, snow, or excessive direct sunlight if it can reasonably be expected that the animals would otherwise become sick or in some other way suffer. Division (A)(2) of this section does not apply to animals impounded or confined prior to slaughter. For the purpose of this section, shelter means a man-made enclosure, windbreak, sunshade, or natural windbreak or sunshade that is developed from the earth's contour, tree development, or vegetation.
  • (3) Carry or convey an animal in a cruel or inhuman manner;
  • (4) Keep animals other than cattle, poultry or fowl, swine, sheep, or goats in an enclosure without wholesome exercise and change of air, *nor or feed cows on food that produces impure or unwholesome milk;
  • (5) Detain livestock in railroad cars or compartments longer than twenty-eight hours after they are so placed without supplying them with necessary food, water, and attention, nor permit such stock to be so crowded as to overlie, crush, wound, or kill each other.
  • (B) Upon the written request of the owner or person in custody of any particular shipment of livestock, which written request shall be separate and apart from any printed bill of lading or other railroad form, the length of time in which such livestock may be detained in any cars or compartment without food, water, and attention, may be extended to thirty-six hours without penalty therefor. This section does not prevent the dehorning of cattle.
  • (C) All fines collected for violations of this section shall be paid to the society or association for the prevention of cruelty to animals, if there be such in the county, township, or municipal corporation where such violation occurred."
Animals used for fighting purposes are subject to state laws, which vary by state. For example, the following is an example of a state law that allows confiscation of dogs used for fighting purposes. Local laws should be consulted for specific requirements in your area:

"(16) An animal that has been used to fight in violation of this section or that is involved in a violation of subsections (8) to (14) shall be confiscated as contraband by a law enforcement officer and shall not be returned to the owner, trainer, or possessor of the animal. The animal shall be taken to a local humane society or other animal welfare agency. If an animal owner, trainer, or possessor is convicted under subsection (2) or subsections (8) to (14), the court shall award the animal involved in the violation to the local humane society or other animal welfare agency "

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IF they were torturing ANY animal; I'm guessing they were or idiots wouldn't have fimed it; then, Judge should sentence them to receive exactly the same.

Again, film and post, so every other azzhat knows the consequences.

Raccoon can be a nuisance but, that is not a license to torture. A .22LR to the top of the head is immediate or very near. Trap, relocate or kill; ok, but not torture.

Had a neighbor, kept dog food in a large Rubbermaid trash can on his screened in back porch. He was complaining about A raccoon getting in. He couldn't find access or keep 'coon out.

Told him to MOVE DOGFOOD and get live traps from animal control.

AFTER trapping 37, over a 3 week period; he decided to move dog food into pantry.

Nobody ever accused him of being bright.

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Torturing of animals is proven to be the start of tendencies like physically and sexually abusing other human beings. Most serial killers got their start abusing animals, and some of the worst animal abusers I ever ran across also abused their loved ones at the same time.

If it needs to be killed, do it humanely. Game animals, nuisance animals, whatever it is.

Drowning is like going to sleep once you breathe in that water.

Yea there are some normal things I have not had the chance to eat.
Alligator, Possum, Rattle snake, Antelope, horse and I do not think I have eaten snails yet .

Alligator, good blackened.
Rattle snake , pretty good. Bones in and fire roasted.
Horse, pretty good in stew. I had a friend who's wife was from Guam, she made a good horse stew.
Not tried possum yet. Just can get past the fact that they are just rats of the woods.
No antelope yet. I hear it's like elk/deer.

Alligator isn't bad, I feel like any that I have had has been ho-hum. Overhyped. Its not bad though, just not remarkable.
I want to try rattlesnake this year.
Snails are amazing. I absolutely love getting escargot at a fancy restaurant. If its on the menu, I'm ordering it.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like fried gator. Had an alligator tail bisque at Flying Dutchman in Kemah (Houston) FANTASTIC!
Fried rattlesnake is good, boney, hard to get at the meat.
At a company dinner, they ordered escargot for the table. I couldn't do it. Wif tried one, not a fan.
BBQ'd armadillo ONCE, couldn't bring myself to try it. Threw it to dogs, they wouldn't touch it and they eat the tootsie rolls in the cat box.
Possum, right up there with armadillo.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The only time I had gator is was prepared by a true cajun and it was so hot, it could have been a piece of cabbage and I wouldn't have known the difference. Miserable in, miserable out, it was too hot for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom