For those of you who hate raccoons...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Obviously torturing it and filming everything is wrong. The one guy looks like gal haha!

I’ve killed lots of raccoons living in the country and raising chickens and quail. But I always strive for a quick/humane kill and hate to see them suffer.

Hell I killed one just the other night.. son woke me up at 3am because there was all kinds of commotion on the porch. Peeked out the window and it was a huge coon fighting with our cats, taking all the food. I slipped on my boots, exited back door, snuck around the house and smoked his azz with the .410 while standing there in my underwear lol.. being a redneck is fun!

This raccoon was a big male, and he was missing a hand. I’m thinking he freed himself from a dog-proof trap once upon a time. They’re smart! If they escape a trap once you’ll be hard pressed to ever catch them again.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drowning is like going to sleep once you breathe in that water.

Yea there are some normal things I have not had the chance to eat.
Alligator, Possum, Rattle snake, Antelope, horse and I do not think I have eaten snails yet .
I’ve had horse in Italy where it’s commonly eaten, alligator at the Outback in Branson, rattlesnake from a guy at work that ate every one he could kill, antelope at a friend’s place In Wyoming where that is a staple meat, but never possum.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Obviously torturing it and filming everything is wrong. The one guy looks like gal haha!

I’ve killed lots of raccoons living in the country and raising chickens and quail. But I always strive for a quick/humane kill and hate to see them suffer.

Hell I killed one just the other night.. son woke me up at 3am because there was all kinds of commotion on the porch. Peeked out the window and it was a huge coon fighting with our cats, taking all the food. I slipped on my boots, exited back door, snuck around the house and smoked his azz with the .410 while standing there in my underwear lol.. being a redneck is fun!

This raccoon was a big male, and he was missing a hand. I’m thinking he freed himself from a dog-proof trap once upon a time. They’re smart! If they escape a trap once you’ll be hard pressed to ever catch them again.
I humanely dispatched an armadillo at 3 AM this morning that had been tearing up our lawn with a .22 mag.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a raccoon but I killed a possum with a baseball bat when I was a teenager. We kept catfood at the top of the stairs for our outdoor cat and had a cat door. I opened the door and was staring at a huge possum eating g the catfood. It hissed at me and I grabbed the baseball bat off the wall next to it. The rest is history.
Far as raccoons go my friends older brother had similar experience.
Found a raccoon eating cat food in the garage. The garage was only half finished. He grabbed a can of white gas and climbed up into the rafters. Dropped a few cap fulls o to the raccoon and light a matchbook on fire. Dropped it onto the raccoon and it took off down the driveway, across the street and into the woods. Great balls of fire!
Yeah, I don't see the raccoon story as one to brag on at all. If it needs killing, kill it. Otherwise shoo it off and secure your dog food better. Torturing something is the sign of a weak mind to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom