For you expert plumbers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back when I worked maintenance at an 'assisted living facility' i.e. nursing home in South Hutchinson KS, the administrator of the facility wanted one of the staff bathrooms changed to an office. After removing the toilet and flange I installed one of those plugs in the toilet drain-pipe about an inch below floor grade, then filled the space between the plug and the floor in with concrete quik-mix. After it set up I used 'floor leveler' then re-tiled the entire floor.

Sealed well, yet still able to be chipped-out if needed.
what i was going to suggest but didnt want to get run out of town.!!!! i roll up a ball of rags tite tap it down a couple inch with butt of your hammer then seal with a little patch crete. couple pecks with the hammer pops right out pull the rag ball out with your pliers.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
go to lockes, any other plumbing supply, maybe even Lowes etc. tell them you need a glue in test plug either 3 or four inch as the case may be if your plumbing is plastic. will glue right inside floor flange and made to be broken out easily. if cast iron you'll likely have to use rubber test plug plug as described above.

Latest posts

Top Bottom