Fords

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgie 1

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I currently own 3 Fords (F250, F350, and F550 all gas burners), and the only big complaint is their cab mount bushings. I’ve had to replace them on every truck at about 90k. The aftermarket bushings are evidently much better than factory, because I haven’t had to replace them twice. Other than AC compressors and exhaust leaks, I haven’t had to do anything major. I change the oil every 5k and rotate the tires.
My 2011 F250 has 198k, and I’m planning to see exactly how far it will go. It’s probably my favorite truck I’ve ever owned.
I have a 2012 Ford Fiesta, a 2013 explorer, a 2013 f150, and a 2014 RV powered by a Ford v10. my reasons is kinda political, they were the only company that did not take money from the government unlike gm and dodge during the obama bailout of car companies.before then I was a dodge guy with an lhs, a pt cruiser, a custom van, and srt charger.

BeamMeUp

Marksman
Reaction score
Yes and 33 year old Fords are about the same. The newer models from all auto makers are crap compared to the old models. Personally I would love to have a 65 Chevy pickup again. They had their issues but were so easy to work. Transmission linkage stuck, jump out and whack it with a hammer a time or two and off you go.
Yeah, I had the same problem with a 66 Chevy pickup with a three on the tree. Carried a big screwdriver pry the linkage back into place. Loved that old truck.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a simple linkage adjustment to fix that... :D
___
Yes but it was more fun to use a hammer. Especially if you had mounted a couple of metal bins under the hood and filled them with old engine parts.

Trans linkage hangs at a light or stop sign and you have people behind you, jump out with a hammer, tap the linkage then started beating on the bins a little. Start pulling out old engine parts from under the hood and tossing them in the back of the truck. A carb, plugs, any small parts. Then slam the hood, jump in and drive off.

I promise you people will sit there a few minutes trying to process what they just saw. At least most men will. Not to sure about today's girlie men but the rest are sitting there thinking WTF!

JuanGrande62221

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I buy a new truck every year or two. Out of the 17 I’ve had since 2000, 4 have been chevys and the rest Fords. There’s good and bad in all of them, I had a 2001 Chevy that the dealer couldn’t fix so I drove it down the street to the ford dealer and fixed it myself. I had a 2018 f150 that ford ended up taking back and giving me a new 2019. Due to being able to get a 2021 Silverado high country a lot cheaper than a 2021 platinum, I decided to try one again. Never had any issue out of the 6.2 v8, but constant electrical issues and they never were able to fix the radio/navigation/warning lights on the dash. In September I was in arbitration with GM. I started checking around and got a chance with the messed up current market to make a few thousand on it and trade for a 2022 f250. With 5k miles. About the same time I bought my last Chevy, I traded for my mother a 2021 GMC Yukon. Had issues with a seat belt, the rear hatch not latching and opening on its own, and the radio refusing to turn off (could walk by hours later and it was still playing, with the car off and doors locked). Took them three days to figure that out. I traded it before the first oil change for a navigator. My sister bought a 2021 1500 chevy LTZ last year. They had to send a wrecker to get it out of her garage, wouldn’t start when it was three weeks old. It sat at the dealership a few days, wouldn’t start for them and they never did figure out what was causing it. One morning they tried and it fired up, no problems since. The service manager said it he same thing happened to his wife’s 2020. Generally for decades fords and chevys have been mostly solid trucks, but from personal experience, I’d avoid 2020-2021s like the plague. Not sure if they have supplier issues or what the issue is.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
remember to avoid the ford 5.4 3V motor,, total junk,plenty of good vids on u tube on which truck to buy and not to buy,,their are several reasons why new GM trucks sell for $60,000-80,000, one is that GM is paying out $160,000,000 to $180,000,000 a MONTH to shareholders in dividend payments !!!!!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
1966 bronco x3, 1971 bronco x2, 1981 bronco, 1984 bronco, 1990 F150, 2002 Excursion, 2003 F250, 2004 Ranger, 2012 F350, 2014 F250, 2022 Bronco(within the next two months supposedly lol)

We own/had a few over the years :)

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My current 2020 F-250 with the 7.3 liter gas engine and 10 speed transmission will keep up with just about anything. We pull a 35' 5th Wheel weighing well over 16,000 lbs, 33,000 miles last year in 14 states through the mountains of the West.
I doubt anyone on this thread has put that many miles on their truck pulling that much load with only one issue. Ford was supplied defective spark plug wires by a supplier. We lost three of them NW of Dubois Wyoming last year. Limped into Butte Montana where the Ford dealership could not get us in for a couple of weeks. Nobody wanting to work and short handed so I bought the wires and installed them myself.
Coming home, I went to the selling dealership and asked for a return on the money I'd spent on the plug wires. The person in charge of warranty repair said they had never done that before but would try.
A month later I got a check from Ford paying me for owner performed warranty service. Was good with that.
My 82 Ford Bronco got a tad over 300,000 miles on it before selling it with minimal issues. I'm not seeing a problem on my side of Ford issues.
What gear ratio do you have in it? My friend ordered one with the 4.30s

Latest posts

Top Bottom