Fords

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys now for the same price or less, you can have an older car or truck restored. Personally if I had the money, I would find a decent older truck, have the engine and trans either rebuilt or replaced, same for the rear end. A good paint job, new upholstery and tires, and I would have a truck every bit as good, if not better than a new one.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It is not a pick up but my Ford Escape Titanium with 1.6 motor runs like a scalded dog. Was on turn pike 75 miles per hour, RPM 2200. New 1967 Mustang 70MPH was turning 3000 RPM. Have owned lots of Ford pickups.
pretty sure ford took a LOT from mazda and especially volvo (for a period) in the development of the ecoboost engines. the first ecoboost engines were just straight mazda l engines, now ford has a whole family derived from them. when they started using turbo i4's and i3's was when they conveniently owned volvo. pretty sure the 1.6l is made in the UK, probably for that exact reason.

i've owned i dunno, 10+ cars and trucks, never a single automatic. i've settled on single cab, short wide bed chevy's from the 90's. had a '95 cheyenne 5 spd with the 4.3l vortec v6. it was still square on the outside, but the inside was starting to get that 90's rounded ford taurus look.

now my truck is a '92 cheyenne 5 spd with the tree fiddy 5.7l small block v8. needs some tires but knocking on wood it just won't quit. i hyper vigilanced craigslist for months to find it several years ago and thank god i did because every day i have people wanting to buy my truck.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
pretty sure ford took a LOT from mazda and especially volvo (for a period) in the development of the ecoboost engines. the first ecoboost engines were just straight mazda l engines, now ford has a whole family derived from them. when they started using turbo i4's and i3's was when they conveniently owned volvo. pretty sure the 1.6l is made in the UK, probably for that exact reason.

i've owned i dunno, 10+ cars and trucks, never a single automatic. i've settled on single cab, short wide bed chevy's from the 90's. had a '95 cheyenne 5 spd with the 4.3l vortec v6. it was still square on the outside, but the inside was starting to get that 90's rounded ford taurus look.

now my truck is a '92 cheyenne 5 spd with the tree fiddy 5.7l small block v8. needs some tires but knocking on wood it just won't quit. i hyper vigilanced craigslist for months to find it several years ago and thank god i did because every day i have people wanting to buy my truck.
I really like that style and year and wanted one when I got my regular cab F150 5 speed. Just couldn’t find one that wasn’t expensive or destroyed. Now the older single cab short bed F150s are way up in value about where the chevys were about 4 years ago.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
yep, square body 4 lyfe. i hate the huge trucks on the roads these days. if more guys drove smaller trucks, especially standards, i know they would love them. baby trucks like the mazda b series, or any of those import trucks, that gen of ford ranger used mazda engines, the s-10's were awesome, those trucks are really fun to drive. trust me, being able to PARK without k turning doesn't make you feel like any less of a man LOL, and you can still haul 4x8 sheets of goods.

3 in the tree takes me back fer sure.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I Believe Dodge is the best selling truck now anyway sorry ford fans. Also border patrol claimed the old ramchargers would outlast the bronco and blazer twice as long

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

i have a single cab automatic 1988 chevy SRW 3500 with the 454 I’ve been thinking of selling. Lol

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys now for the same price or less, you can have an older car or truck restored. Personally if I had the money, I would find a decent older truck, have the engine and trans either rebuilt or replaced, same for the rear end. A good paint job, new upholstery and tires, and I would have a truck every bit as good, if not better than a new one.
Amen but in most situations at least mine the bank won’t loan you 20 grand to build one i ask before I broke down and bought mine

Latest posts

Top Bottom