found some cheap corn!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOTLDPONY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i went to the academy off 35 and robinson today in norman, they have corn 40lb bag for 8.49 cheapest i could find hell the co-op wants like $9.80 and they said it is going up! so just letting you guys know the cheapest place i have found i went ahead and bought 15 bags in case it does go up some.

so just FYI.

TERPSTER

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i went to the academy off 35 and robinson today in norman, they have corn 40lb bag for 8.49 cheapest i could find hell the co-op wants like $9.80 and they said it is going up! so just letting you guys know the cheapest place i have found i went ahead and bought 15 bags in case it does go up some.

so just FYI.

Too bad you did not go last week when it was on sale for $7.99

BOTLDPONY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well hell.

we need to keep a current good deal price on here so no one wastes money hahaha. lets do the lowest local (okc area) corn price and bag weight. this way we all can get the best deals around town.

i have started above 40# academy $8.49 09/01/2011

SWRhodd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go check out Atwoods. I picked up 6-40# for 7.97 a bag last weekend. Wal-Mart also has 40# bags for the same price, but I went with Atwoods because we get the farm tax there.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go check out Atwoods. I picked up 6-40# for 7.97 a bag last weekend. Wal-Mart also has 40# bags for the same price, but I went with Atwoods because we get the farm tax there.

Looks like the Co-op is still the cheapest:

The 40# sacks of Academy corn would have to be discounted to $7.84 to be equal to the 50# sack price at the co op.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Corn is sold at market price. One can see a price in the newspaper, and within the 15 minutes it takes to drive to the COOP, it can go up or down a dollar. It like the stock market.

I just payed $6.40 per bushel.

A bushel weighs a little over 50 lbs depending on the moisture content of the corn. I pick it up by the ton in a trailer and fill feeders as needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom