Free laugh for the day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That stinks.......was a thread about how to defend against attacking dog......this guy replied "A friend in the service who was a dog handler in Vietnam told me the surest way to get an attack dog off of you, or to get him to let go was to stick a finger or thumb up his south end.

It's a dominance thing in a dogs mind, and causes him to switch gears from attack mode to submissive mode instantly.
He swore it works.

rc"

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That technique will get a dog off whatever it is attacking and onto the owner of the finger in far less than a heartbeat, but I've never seen it result in anything resembling submission.

Never did it myself, but saw it done by a couple of old guys to stop bad dogfights among trailhounds. These were hard old dudes, both WW II combat vets, and were able to handle the offending (and I presume offended) dog in both cases.

They both told me that if I ever did it to be ready for a hostile response.

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, based on the comments, it warrants the following two questions, depending which version is accurate:

If it makes the dog attack the owner of the finger, then who stuck their finger in Feinstein's bum?

If it makes the dog submissive, who is willing to stick their finger in Feinstein's bum?

Latest posts

Top Bottom