Mower is trying to kill me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do not get me wrong. The new riding mower you guys bought me is a God send. Makes it so I can easily mow the yard without hurting myself. You folks have my undying gratitude.

My only problem is that freaking tire will not stay fixed. Slime helped, but leak came back. More slime and a plug fixed for a few weeks, now the leak is back worse. I think I may not have gotten the plug in good since it has been many, many years since I last did one. I am going to try it again here in a bit.

Other problem is trying to install the bagger setup. I meant to get that done weeks ago then a health problem hit first me then the wifey poo. Working on it today and found I am not nearly has handy as I used to be no matter what my wife says. Maybe she is saying handsie. Not real sure. :P :P :P

Anyway, just needed to vent while I recover for the next attempt.
Sorry to hear that your mower is giving you unstop problems 🙁. Just a thought my friend, but, have you pissed-off anyone lately?

1693255087144.jpeg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that your mower is giving you unstop problems 🙁. Just a thought my friend, but, have you pissed-off anyone lately?

View attachment 405913
Daily. It is what I do, and I am good at it. :P :P :P

Seriously I got the bagger set up all finished and checking out the tire again. If it does not hold air this time I will take it down and have a tube installed. Want to know the disgusting part? 4 years ago I could have put the tube in it myself. Same size class as the electric wheelchair wheels I use to work on daily. It would have taken me about an hour to get the wheel off, pop the tire and check for puncture threats, install the tube and reseat the tire.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is sad when one gets too old or their health interferes with doing things around the house. I'm rapidly getting there and it seems like yesterday that I was doing everything around the home.
Yep, the energy just doesn't seem to be there like it use to be. Got things to do but I just can't seem to get started doing 'em 😫

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, the energy just doesn't seem to be there like it use to be. Got things to do but I just can't seem to get started doing 'em 😫
I can get started, sometimes, but it's difficult to follow through. Trying to clear the space in front of my lathe so I can set it back down on the floor and use it. Seems I can work for maybe 30 minutes, and then have to sit back down... Which is better than the 15 minutes it was a few weeks ago, but still not all that good, since I can see that I have a lot of work to do yet. Been almost two weeks since the nerve block on my spine, and the only pain there is from muscles unused to working. That is also an improvement. But I'm not getting as much boost from my caffeine intake as I'd like. I guess I need some cheese to go with my whine. ;)

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bagger is complete! On a side note, ran into OKCHunter at Crest today. He got to meet my wife who is up for sainthood as soon as she passes away, maybe before. No telling with these things. 27 years of my bad jokes and she has not killed me yet. :P :P :P

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bagger is complete! On a side note, ran into OKCHunter at Crest today. He got to meet my wife who is up for sainthood as soon as she passes away, maybe before. No telling with these things. 27 years of my bad jokes and she has not killed me yet. :P :P :P
Is was good to see you again Rick - it’s been a few years since the last time when I bought brass from you. After meeting your wife, I can safely say you married up 😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom