Free phones in Southern Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drive through Marietta Oklahoma, on my way to work, most days. Last week, on the corner sat a vehicle giving out free phones ( also known as Obama phones). Well, I've known about this program for a long time, but seeing it in person, really ticked me off. I pay a bunch of money each month for my phones, and knowing that someone else is getting the same service that I pay for for free ( actually on my dime and your too), just gets my shorts in a knot. Well, on Saturday, I pulled into the Dollar store there to grab a couple of items, when I came out, I noticed that a different vehicle was set up in their parking lot, giving away the phones. The license plate on the van, was an Ohio plate.What the heck! Do you think that this is an attempt to influence voters in this heavily Hispanic town?

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, the coveted swing votes of Marietta, Oklahoma. Of course that's what's going on. What are you, crazy?

I know, Oklahoma, is solidly red, and these voters will have no effect on this presidential election. But I think that the, big govt. folks of today, might be further indoctrinating the voters of tomorrow.

And as far as they Crazy question goes, how could I tell? Compared to some of the posters on here, I think that I am the rock of mental stability.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know, Oklahoma, is solidly red, and these voters will have no effect on this presidential election. But I think that the, big govt. folks of today, might be further indoctrinating the voters of tomorrow.

No, they get sales commissions from the carriers when they sign up a customer, and who better to sign up than someone with an absentee guarantor that pays on time every month (the government).

They are indoctrinating their wallets, yo.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen one of the vans in Ponca. As I understand it they are recycled phones? Does the person getting one, have to pay for the service at all, or is it totally free?
Do they have to produce an old tax form or something to show they are below a certain income level, or is it just walk up and walk away with a phone?

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drive through Marietta Oklahoma, on my way to work, most days. Last week, on the corner sat a vehicle giving out free phones ( also known as Obama phones). Well, I've known about this program for a long time, but seeing it in person, really ticked me off. I pay a bunch of money each month for my phones, and knowing that someone else is getting the same service that I pay for for free ( actually on my dime and your too), just gets my shorts in a knot. Well, on Saturday, I pulled into the Dollar store there to grab a couple of items, when I came out, I noticed that a different vehicle was set up in their parking lot, giving away the phones. The license plate on the van, was an Ohio plate.What the heck! Do you think that this is an attempt to influence voters in this heavily Hispanic town?

Weren't they profiling Dollar Store customers as being the ones needing Obama Phones?

Latest posts

Top Bottom