Oklahoma Uninsured Vehicle Enforcement Diversion Program Letter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. I am seeing a lot of paper tags over 6 months old, how they get away with it is beyond me.
They get away with it because they hide that paper tag as much as they can. They back into parking spaces to keep it out of view or limit their driving as much as possible, and many police departments see an expired tag as just a 'low-level' offense that is not worth their time 🙁
Around where I live I see a lot of expired paper tags on cars like Chrysler 300's and Cadillac Escalade's.

Last edited:

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Impound the vehicles ! No insurance, impound it !

That would clear this crap up in 6 months.
My son was in a minor accident a few months ago in OKC. He tapped the back of the vehicle in front of him at a stoplight. No damage to the vehicle other than a quarter sized dent in the bumper. Three people jumped out of the car and started screaming and yelling at him. He called me immediately wanting to know what to do. I was on my way to meet him for lunch, and I was only a few miles away. He let the driver take a pic of his license and insurance, and the three people jumped back in there car and drove off quickly. My son followed them, and they stopped in a parking lot about a mile away. I met him in the parking lot a few minutes later, and the people had called the police because they said my son was threatening them. When the police got there and got both sides of the story, I about lost my mind. Not only did the driver not have insurance, he did not have a driver’s license either, and the police did nothing about the driver fleeing the scene of an accident. They wrote my son a ticket for hitting their vehicle. The police then let the driver drive off knowing full well that he didn’t have insurance or a license. Under normal circumstances, I know it would have been my son’s fault. However, the driver should have never been on the road in the first place. I strongly let the cop know that I thought it was B.S. for letting that guy drive away and for writing my son a ticket! After he threatened to arrest me if I didn’t calm down, my wife made me to get back in the truck.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son was in a minor accident a few months ago in OKC. He tapped the back of the vehicle in front of him at a stoplight. No damage to the vehicle other than a quarter sized dent in the bumper. Three people jumped out of the car and started screaming and yelling at him. He called me immediately wanting to know what to do. I was on my way to meet him for lunch, and I was only a few miles away. He let the driver take a pic of his license and insurance, and the three people jumped back in there car and drove off quickly. My son followed them, and they stopped in a parking lot about a mile away. I met him in the parking lot a few minutes later, and the people had called the police because they said my son was threatening them. When the police got there and got both sides of the story, I about lost my mind. Not only did the driver not have insurance, he did not have a driver’s license either, and the police did nothing about the driver fleeing the scene of an accident. They wrote my son a ticket for hitting their vehicle. The police then let the driver drive off knowing full well that he didn’t have insurance or a license. Under normal circumstances, I know it would have been my son’s fault. However, the driver should have never been on the road in the first place. I strongly let the cop know that I thought it was B.S. for letting that guy drive away and for writing my son a ticket! After he threatened to arrest me if I didn’t calm down, my wife made me to get back in the truck.

Don't pay

Go before Judge, plead not guilty and ask for jury trial.

1. Cop has to appear before Judge
2. Have record for your insurance

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to 'merica 2.0

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda off topic but very near to the point. IF the DOT believes what they doing it fair, right and just. Then there needs to be a law passed that requires the, TT&T to be incorporated into the actual cost at the time of the sale, and maybe even 6 to 12 months of upfront insurance therefore they get the actual tag and then can be scanned and ticketed for not having insurance. That should help eliminate so many of the paper tags that are sometime almost a yr out of date

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda off topic but very near to the point. IF the DOT believes what they doing it fair, right and just. Then there needs to be a law passed that requires the, TT&T to be incorporated into the actual cost at the time of the sale, and maybe even 6 to 12 months of upfront insurance therefore they get the actual tag and then can be scanned and ticketed for not having insurance. That should help eliminate so many of the paper tags that are sometime almost a yr out of date

That might take care of the paper tag issue, but there is still the "uninsured vehicle" problem. Back a number of years ago, I asked our insurance agent why it was that we "needed" to have uninsured motorist coverage when the state required all vehicles to have insurance.

It appears that folks buy their vehicle and then go get it insured with a monthly payment for the insurance. Then, after making one payment and getting the insurance verification form, they don't make any more insurance payments, thus being a uninsured motorist, and then the rest of us get to pay extra for "our" coverage.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That might take care of the paper tag issue, but there is still the "uninsured vehicle" problem. Back a number of years ago, I asked our insurance agent why it was that we "needed" to have uninsured motorist coverage when the state required all vehicles to have insurance.

It appears that folks buy their vehicle and then go get it insured with a monthly payment for the insurance. Then, after making one payment and getting the insurance verification form, they don't make any more insurance payments, thus being a uninsured motorist, and then the rest of us get to pay extra for "our" coverage.
Coupled with some sleaze insurance companies failing to report in a timely manner that the car insurance policy they issued is no longer valid, other legitimately insured drivers end up paying for that 'oversight'.

Latest posts

Top Bottom