Oklahoma Uninsured Vehicle Enforcement Diversion Program Letter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you sell your car you should go with purchaser to tag agent to transfer title.
You can tell they are illegal when they ask when the plate expires. They are going to drive without transfer and you will be liable.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you sell your car you should go with purchaser to tag agent to transfer title.
You can tell they are illegal when they ask when the plate expires. They are going to drive without transfer and you will be liable.

You keep the plates from your car when you sell it or trade it now.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You keep the plates from your car when you sell it or trade it now.
Back in the day, you signed the title and handed it to the buyer.
They could change registration or not. We sold a car back in the day, and a year later got a letter from a towing company in Ohio that said we were the registered owner, and they had a tow bill they wanted to collect. Of course, they got nothing. We told them it was sold and to dispose of it as they needed.
Fast forward a few years, I bought a car off an individual in Tulsa. He signed the title, and off I went.
When going to the tag agent to transfer ownership, they told me the owner had to be present when signing it over now. Had to send a form to the past owner and get a notarized signature before the tag agent would transfer the title and give us the tag.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the day, you signed the title and handed it to the buyer.
They could change registration or not. We sold a car back in the day, and a year later got a letter from a towing company in Ohio that said we were the registered owner, and they had a tow bill they wanted to collect. Of course, they got nothing. We told them it was sold and to dispose of it as they needed.
Fast forward a few years, I bought a car off an individual in Tulsa. He signed the title, and off I went.
When going to the tag agent to transfer ownership, they told me the owner had to be present when signing it over now. Had to send a form to the past owner and get a notarized signature before the tag agent would transfer the title and give us the tag.

On the title work, one would reason any notary would be ok. I know when I traded trucks last year I signed the title of my trade and tossed it at the sales guy, that was it, but then dealers have a notary on site as well.

My reply was at the plate comment, these days you keep the plate of the vehicle you are selling or trading.

Years ago my folks had sold a car and the buyers never changed the registration, one day they got a mail in ticket, same boat you were in, they got it dismissed eventually.

Wayneallen27

New to the site!
Reaction score
Unbelievable!!! How depressing is this world getting? Looks like big brother has come to Oklahoma.
Here’s something to think about, if a person can’t afford insurance how will they afford to pay your BS notice 174 dollars. This is pathetic, & the money they actually receive 3.3 million for to “fund the program”.
I seriously thought this was a scam I laughed when I first seen, knowing now it’s an actual official notice, I would have to say what a scam these people have made & they made it legal.
Anyone know if this was voted in by the people of Oklahoma?

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unbelievable!!! How depressing is this world getting? Looks like big brother has come to Oklahoma.
Here’s something to think about, if a person can’t afford insurance how will they afford to pay your BS notice 174 dollars. This is pathetic, & the money they actually receive 3.3 million for to “fund the program”.
I seriously thought this was a scam I laughed when I first seen, knowing now it’s an actual official notice, I would have to say what a scam these people have made & they made it legal.
Anyone know if this was voted in by the people of Oklahoma?
The scam part of all of this is people driving without insurance and then having accidents. If they can't afford insurance, they shouldn't be driving. I don't give a **** whether they can afford a fine or not. Don't run into me and then go oh well, no insurance, sorry, guess you've got to pay for it yourself. Don't know why anyone would feel sorry for them for getting caught.

Latest posts

Top Bottom