Fried chicken,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This household might eat a little fried chicken. What's really nice is adding a new twist to it every now and then. A few years back I wanted slap your mama seasoning in it, man that makes for a fried chicken that beats popeyes hands down. I don't do the cooking unless it's grill time so no specifics. Spices and seasonings are your friends. Don't be scared to throw it in there. Same goes for the pre batter soak milk, butter milk, , egg, egg and ??? what ever. New home cooked dishes are always something to be talked about. When dinner hits the table and my teeth sink in it's often discussed what could be done or just how good it is.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Subscribed for any recipes.
I make the fried chicken in my house from a bastardized recipe my mother used to use. I like it pretty good, but it's still getting tweaked every time I make it. Probably a bit too salty for most of you guys though. I like 'em cooked mummy dry and salty as sin. Sit it under a heat lamp for a few months and it'll be just about right.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New home cooked dishes are always something to be talked about. When dinner hits the table and my teeth sink in it's often discussed what could be done or just how good it is.
We did the very same thing. Sweetie became one of the best cooks I ever knew, and I grew up with a couple of really good ones (Mom and Sis). She was never afraid to learn new stuff or experiment with recipes.

Alzheimer's has taken many good things from our lives, but I'm still thankful for all the happy memories.
:drunk2:
___

VTDW1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This household might eat a little fried chicken. What's really nice is adding a new twist to it every now and then. A few years back I wanted slap your mama seasoning in it, man that makes for a fried chicken that beats popeyes hands down. I don't do the cooking unless it's grill time so no specifics. Spices and seasonings are your friends. Don't be scared to throw it in there. Same goes for the pre batter soak milk, butter milk, , egg, egg and ??? what ever. New home cooked dishes are always something to be talked about. When dinner hits the table and my teeth sink in it's often discussed what could be done or just how good it is.
Back in da day a friend’s wife made da best fried chicken. She use buttermilk as well, seasoning and Corn Flakes...soooo crunchy and delicious.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go once a week to Diane's in Stroud to eat her buffet. Fried chicken, ribs, catfish on Friday with masked potatoes,fried okra, green beans. Also includes a salad bar but I just get pickled beets off of it. White rolls,wheat rolls, and hush puppies. All you can eat.
Tammy’s round up sounds about the same. It is west of Stroud across from a BBQ

Latest posts

Top Bottom