Friends of Sorrels for Sheriff of Oklahoma County Gun Raffle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a great conversation....albeit a bit of an offshoot from my original intent I guess.

Defending the county from federal incursion (which is tricky in a county that gets a huge bump from the presence of federal forces and tax dollars) is one thing, but what about the day to day primary mission of the Oklahoma County Sheriff's office?

Other than the county jail issue, do you know what Mr. Sorrels is proposing to do that is different and better than that of the incumbant in terms of running the sheriff's department? I don't see much about that on the campaign website or the facebook page.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is a great conversation....albeit a bit of an offshoot from my original intent I guess.

Defending the county from federal incursion (which is tricky in a county that gets a huge bump from the presence of federal forces and tax dollars) is one thing, but what about the day to day primary mission of the Oklahoma County Sheriff's office?

Other than the county jail issue, do you know what Mr. Sorrels is proposing to do that is different and better than that of the incumbant in terms of running the sheriff's department? I don't see much about that on the campaign website or the facebook page.

I certainly don't mind thread wander at all. This is all a learning process for me. All I can add are personal conversations with Darrell. The best way I can summarize his beliefs and what he would do in the Sheriff's office is to remain true to the Constitution of Oklahoma and the United States. Darrell believes that there is a movement within the Federal government to ban firearms and eliminate the 2A. He believes that ALL lawful Oklahomans have a duty to arm themselves and be prepared to be deputized, should conditions warrant. Darrell believes that the Constitution is under fire and that the county Sheriff is the last stand for America. The Sorrels for Sheriff grassroots is having a meeting Wednesday to better articulate the objectives of the campaign and what Sheriff Sorrels would do differently, so that the grassroots people can become better equipped to project the mission statement.

The Sorrels for Sheriff webpage and Facebook pages are under-developed, due to resources. The incumbent Sheriff has lots of money and resources and the Republican candidate Sorrels is running on a shoe string. Resources are very thin right now and talent and treasure is needed from conservative Oklahomans to step up and volunteer. The incumbent Democrat is Goliath and Sorrels for Sheriff is David.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The gun raffle was canceled. Only the government and non-profits can run a raffle. Please consider supporting the only conservative Oklahoma County sheriff candidate in other ways.

Latest posts

Top Bottom