Friends of Sorrels for Sheriff of Oklahoma County Gun Raffle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oklahoma County has the opportunity to elect a strong defender of the United States Constitution, the Second Amendment and an Oath Keeper, with the election of Republican Darrell Sorrels for Oklahoma County Sheriff. The office of County Sheriff is the highest elected law enforcement official in the nation and fully capable of standing against a tyrannous Federal government. Sheriff Mack, Sheriff Arpaio and Sheriff Tony DeMeo are examples of what we can expect from Darrell Sorrels, and he would keep his OATH to defend the Constitution and protect the citizens of Oklahoma County from a Federal government gone wild.

Our incumbent Democrat Sheriff Whetzel is highly likely to stand with the Department of Homeland Security and Janet "Big Sis" Napolitano, with his Federalized Sheriff's Department, to ensure that Obama's march to strip our liberties and control our lives. The incumbent owes lots of favors to the Department of Homeland Security and eventually, they will want their Sheriff to pay up.

Look carefully at both candidates and see for yourself which one would open the door for gun confiscation by the Federal government, or stand at the county line and tell Federal gun-grabbers to turn back. The incumbent is very well entrenched and funded, but make no mistake, the incumbent has a very close partnership with the Federal government. This could be our last chance.

In the spirit of our candidate, the Friends of Darrell Sorrels for Oklahoma County Sheriff are raffling firearms, with each ticket costing only $10. The first raffle is for a Taurus Judge revolver, which chambers .410 shotgun shells, or .45 caliber cartridges. For more information, find Darrell Sorrels for Oklahoma County Sheriff on Facebook and for tickets contact Capt. Hugh Smith.

Thanks,
Friends of Sorrels for Sheriff of Oklahoma County.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The office of County Sheriff is the highest elected law enforcement official in the nation and fully capable of standing against a tyrannous Federal government. Sheriff Mack, Sheriff Arpaio and Sheriff Tony DeMeo are examples of what we can expect from Darrell Sorrels, and he would keep his OATH to defend the Constitution and protect the citizens of Oklahoma County from a Federal government gone wild.

Sorrels has caught my attention and I'm inclined to vote for him...but the above section of your post requires some more explanation.

How exactly would he be capable of "standing against the feds"? What actions would he take in that arena upon assuming the office, and what theoretical, yet realistic, scenarios do you have in mind for the future?

IMHO, there's a lot of myth and urban legend when it comes to the "Sheriff is the highest elected LEO" in the nation stuff....in the end, Sheriffs are still politicians and are still bound to follow the law, be it city, county, state, or federal law. They can't and shouldn't be in the business of selective enforcement.

I'd be happy with a guy who can run a clean department, field an effective force, put the community's needs before his own, and do it all without getting a big head or devolving into empire building. Can he do that?

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
See these videos, and others on YouTube. Search Sheriff Mack, Sheriff DeMeo and other Constitutional Sheriffs. The Office of County Sheriff is much more than setting up checkpoints, writing tickets and serving foreclosure notices. The office goes back to the Magna Carta and still holds true today. I never knew of the powers the Sheriff holds and why the office was originally created, or why the Founding Fathers ensured the office of Sheriff was provided for us.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would like to add that Mr. Sorrels fully supports Constitutional carry for ALL lawful citizens and personally believes that all willing, able-bodied and lawful Oklahoma County citizens have an obligation to keep and bear arms.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In terms of Oklahoma and Oklahoma County what is Mr. Sorrels going to do, or proposing to do, and would be empowered to do in terms of holding back the federal government?

What are his plans for running a clean and effective department? What does he plan to do that is different from the incubent Sheriff?

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Let me start by saying I am NOT with the Sorrels for Sheriff campaign. I am a part of a grassroots organization that is supporting his campaign.

First, Darrell does not believe we need to spend hundreds of millions of dollars building a new jail when the one we have isn't the problem, the problem is who we are overcrowding our existing jail with.

The county Sheriff has the power to investigate, arrest and bring charges on anyone who has impacted his county, all the way up to the President. The county Sheriff can prevent Federal officials from violating Constitutional rights of his constituents. An excellent example of how the county Sheriff can shut-down unconstitutional acts of the Federal government is the case of Sheriff Tony DeMeo Another example is that of Sheriff Arpaio and all the things he has done.

I'll post more links and videos that demonstrate the Constitutional authority of the office of Sheriff.

The Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, about.

The CSPOA Library.

Sheriff Mack on The Power of the Constitutional Sheriff

Sheriff Mack Power of the County Sheriff Part 1

The President of the United States of American CANNOT tell the Sheriff what to do, but the county Sheriff CAN tell the Federal government what to do, or what they cannot do in his sovereign district. The question is not what powers the county Sheriff have over the Federal government has over the Federal government. The question is what the county Sheriff WILL do, or not do to defend his constituents from tyranny. The Sheriff can defend his county against ALL unconstitutional acts of the President, the IRS, the EPA and any other Federal government bureau. Mr. Sorrels believes that there will come a time when the Federal government will come after our guns. Mr. Sorrels has stated again and again that he wants to see every single lawful citizen of Oklahoma county armed, to the best of our ability, because he will need us as deputies.

We have a choice and I invite all 2A Oklahomans to take some time to educate yourselves of the Constitutional authority of the highest elected law enforcement officer.

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let me start by saying I am NOT with the Sorrels for Sheriff campaign. I am a part of a grassroots organization that is supporting his campaign.

First, Darrell does not believe we need to spend hundreds of millions of dollars building a new jail when the one we have isn't the problem, the problem is who we are overcrowding our existing jail with.

I agree with that...seems like a waste of $$

The county Sheriff has the power to investigate, arrest and bring charges on anyone who has impacted his county, all the way up to the President. The county Sheriff can prevent Federal officials from violating Constitutional rights of his constituents. An excellent example of how the county Sheriff can shut-down unconstitutional acts of the Federal government is the case of Sheriff Tony DeMeo

Here's were you lose me...the Sheriff can't do squat without the cooperation of the District Attorney and the judges. He can attempt those things...but that can just turn into another $$ boondoggle.

I'll post more links and videos that demonstrate the Constitutional authority of the office of Sheriff.

How about actual text from the U.S. and Oklahoma Constitutions that support the claim? Not really interested in youtube videos of Sheriffs from another state proclaiming this authority...can you show me where it is actually codified in law? Not baiting you, I'm genuinely interested.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here's were you lose me...the Sheriff can't do squat without the cooperation of the District Attorney and the judges. He can attempt those things...but that can just turn into another $$ boondoggle.

How about actual text from the U.S. and Oklahoma Constitutions that support the claim? Not really interested in youtube videos of Sheriffs from another state proclaiming this authority...can you show me where it is actually codified in law? Not baiting you, I'm genuinely interested.[/QUOTE]

Those are all excellent and fair questions, and I don't for a moment consider it baiting. I just called Mr. Sorrels who gave me several reading assignments to properly answer these questions we all should have. I was skeptical, too. I'm just an aircraft mechanic who wants to understand fully just as much, so I will go back and do my homework to reply to the best of my ability. I hope others will too and freely post here. I truly believe many of us underestimate the power the Sheriff has as the highest elected law enforcement officer of the county executive branch, that goes all the way back to the Magna Carta. The Sheriff has complete jurisdiction over his county, who can deputize as many as he needs. The Sheriff cannot be fired by anyone, but his constituents, which is why Obama has such difficulty with the likes of Sheriff Arpaio. An Oath Keeper will not violate the US Constitution and Mr. Sorrels is an Oath Keeper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom