Front sight- tritium, bead, white dot or fiber optic ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been beaten up for sure but was wanting to change the stock front sights on my Glocks. Night sights are fine but are hard to define in daytime, have never shot any of the fiber optic sights but would like to try one. What is the best that everyone has experience with, would you keep them or go back to a white dot.

Thanks for any opinions.

I would think about choosing a different width front sight than what you are currently using. 10-8 Performance has an interesting article about choosing sights that you might find helpful. http://www.10-8performance.com/choosing-sights/

Frdep

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been looking for Tritium paint for a long time. Is there such a thing. I've been using some glow in the dark paint that was highly recommended but as everyone knows, when a pistol is in your pocket, it doesn't get much light to charge the paint.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Warren Tactical sights seem to get good reviews. I was set on the Trijicon's but after looking at the Warren's, I think that's the route I'm going but I'm more interested in accuracy at longer distances as opposed to low light/night performance. Seems they make HD as well as competition styles.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yea, seen guys I know can shoot about DQ a couple stages due to the HD sight. Just not made for accuracy.

wider front sights were definitely made for accuracy, slow fire accuracy mostly. they work best with 6 oclock holds, but thats not necessary. Even if you use the top center of the front sight post as your point of aim, you will still see half or whatever target youre shooting at, assuming youre shooting at a point thats roughtly at the center of mass.

Im quick and have acceptable accuracy with thin ft sights. Ive been using wider front sights lately and Im more accurate than Ive ever been, and Im slowly gaining some speed back the more I use em.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wider front sights were definitely made for accuracy, slow fire accuracy mostly. they work best with 6 oclock holds, but thats not necessary. Even if you use the top center of the front sight post as your point of aim, you will still see half or whatever target youre shooting at, assuming youre shooting at a point thats roughtly at the center of mass.

Im quick and have acceptable accuracy with thin ft sights. Ive been using wider front sights lately and Im more accurate than Ive ever been, and Im slowly gaining some speed back the more I use em.

Well maybe it is the shooters... I think it was the actual HD dot that could be the issue.

The thicker the front sight fits within the rear the more consistent the hits should be as there is less light on each side of the front sight. Am I correct in that thinking? You the guru

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally like my TFO's on my carry gun. They have tridium with fiber-optic. Been considering going to a u-notch all black rear though. Might also take a look at the Vickers Willson tactical sights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom