Front sight- tritium, bead, white dot or fiber optic ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like the Hi-Viz overmolded fiber optic sights...I think they call them "tactical" now...a relatively durable sight, maybe the most durable fiber optic sight. And it pairs nicely the the 10-8 rear.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ordered the Warren/Sev set yesterday. Wish I could have seen them in person prior to ordering but no one I could find carries them. Keeping my fingers crossed they work out.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well maybe it is the shooters... I think it was the actual HD dot that could be the issue.

The thicker the front sight fits within the rear the more consistent the hits should be as there is less light on each side of the front sight. Am I correct in that thinking? You the guru

thats the theory. if you have perfect alignment and little to no light, in the gaps, then if the sights arent precisely aligned, then you will see some light on one or the other side, depending on which way youre off.
Im npt at all saying that this is the setup for anything, or that its best, its just the old school way that is popular with old school bullseye shooters. My light gaps on most of my user pistols are 1/4/-1/3 the width of the post. WHich on a M&P 4.25", for example is rear .125-.135" notch with a .110-.125" front post.
' For 7" sight radiused pistols, thats about the norm as far as popularity.imo.

ddlstang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been looking for Tritium paint for a long time. Is there such a thing. I've been using some glow in the dark paint that was highly recommended but as everyone knows, when a pistol is in your pocket, it doesn't get much light to charge the paint.

Not quite tritium paint but really close, have not tried but looks interesting.

http://shop.tacticalshit.com/weap-sam

Latest posts

Top Bottom