Front yard trepassing ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
<sarcasm> Get an old windowless full size van, park it in your front yard, paint "I have free candy and puppies" on the side of it, and I promise you that she won't ever let her kids anywhere near your yard. </sarcasm>

pjamhead

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We used to run through back yards as kids to get to a friends house which saved us a 7 min walk around the housing addition. We were asked to stop by one of our teachers who owned the house. We did stop using the shortcut... when we saw her car was there. When she wasn't we ran freely. I don't think its a matter of disrespect its just kids being kids. They are thinking about messing your yard up they are just wanting to have more space to play. I get you are upset that its occurring but think of a kid-like adult way to handle it. Next time you find it there impound the car and make the kids work to get it back. Also I've found in the past with neighbor disputes that revisiting the mother in a week or two and apologize for the way it went down and see if you can start the process of changing whats happening over. You'd be surprised how much is lost in translation when someone is backed into a corner. She didnt hear your intentions, she only concentrated on putting up her defense. An apology for what went down on your part would definitely make you good in her eyes and get her on your side in taking care of the problem. You have to remember with kids sometimes it takes beating it into their heads several times in a nonliteral sense. Having the mother pissed at you too does no good. Good Luck!

Wild Weasel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya know, it really is this attitude towards others that causes us to be viewed as social misfits. I honestly can't believe that a grown man would get upset over toddlers driving their electric Barbie car across his lawn. So upset that he threatens to charge a pre-schooler with trespassing. Geezus Effing Christ man! Get a grip. It's a child, interact with the kid, high five the kid for having a cool ride, get the kid a bumper sticker, be a positive experience in the kid's life, not the batsh1t crazy old dude next door.
Thank You! Finally some common sense! Remember the good ol days of running the neighborhood I even broke a window with a baseball once. Worked all summer to pay that off. And people wonder what's happening to America?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
<sarcasm> Get an old windowless full size van, park it in your front yard, paint "I have free candy and puppies" on the side of it, and I promise you that she won't ever let her kids anywhere near your yard. </sarcasm>

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Just go knock on their door and start out with "According to Megan's Law..."

Problemo Solved(o)

6shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get you one of those pump sprayers and fill with water. Make sure they see you spray your lawn. Tell the parent that you just sprayed weed killer and she should tell her kids to stay away as it could make them sick. Do that every couple of days and see if that helps. Just make sure you don’t have any lawn chemicals around if for some reason the kids get sick. Then you can say it was just water. Just an idea….

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wait until one of them run down the side of your car with the handle bar on their bike. That is what happened to us. The mom did not care a bit. Of coarse, as soon as they fall and get hurt in your yard her lawyer will be calling.

Latest posts

Top Bottom