Frustrated with Kroger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kroger shut down a bunch of their delivery areas recently. Right now Oklahoma is still a deliverable market but the end may be near. I’ve had a rollercoaster experience with them, but they’re far better than other delivery services. I just wish they’d work on some of their pricing.

For example, if they have a 4 for $x sale on something and they are out of 1, they then charge you full price for the remaining 3. Which A, they could’ve substituted a different item for, or B at least honored the sale price on the remaining items.

Sometimes it’s only fifty cents or something which isn’t a big deal, but sometimes it’s outrageous, especially with 12 packs of soda. They are higher than average at $9.99 regularly, but had a sale for something like 5 for $20 so I bought 10 to get the sale, and next thing I know my final bill is like $40 higher than it was when I checked out despite getting less than I ordered… so I looked at it and sure enough they removed the sale price on the remaining soda since they could only fill part of the order.

I ended up chatting customer service who did fix it, but I always feel like they’re going to flag my account or something when really it’s just fixing their mistakes.

Other than that and the occasional missing item it’s been pretty great. Order times vary, but usually they’re spot on. I have hit some amazing sales too like brisket for $1/lb and such.

Anyway, I’ll hate to see them go, hopefully they stay delivering to OK.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just another day on OSA for people to complain and be mean to each from the anonymity of the internet. Lots of choices in grocery shopping online or in the store. Let’s start another whine session about self checkout. This one is growing stale. Anyone going shooting or fishing today? Grandson is playing in regional finals baseball at 4. He hit his first over the fence home run yesterday. Lots of things in life to be thankful for. I may stop at Crest on the way home.

Nah. I'm sitting in my bedroom listening to the electrician and the plumber chitty-chat while they work on putting my kitchen back together.

The guy who was doing the bathroom went to Urgent Care this morning. I dunno for sure, because I'm not a doctor, but I think he may have gotten some insulation in his eye yesterday while he was up in the attic. The other guy who is usually here is in the hospital -- gall bladder or kidney stones. 🤷🤷 I dunno. I blame his text on the really good drugs he is getting right now. Lol (Yes, he was like I am soooo ****ed up guys! 🤣🤣)

All the appliances except the stove are here and it will be here tomorrow afternoon. (Y'all don't even want to know how that convo went. 🙄🙄 ****ing assholes. Anyway ...) Cabinets are "in" ... Just not "in" my house ... Hopefully my house will be back together in another week or two.

Hopefully I'll get to try some shooting after all that is done. I haven't been since these last 2 ablations and I want to see if they help with the pain levels when I shoot. 🤔🤔 Seems like they would but I dunno ... Because sometimes I can do stuff and sometimes it seems like they aren't working at all. I dunno ... 🤔🤔🤷

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just another day on OSA for people to complain and be mean to each from the anonymity of the internet. Lots of choices in grocery shopping online or in the store. Let’s start another whine session about self checkout. This one is growing stale. Anyone going shooting or fishing today? Grandson is playing in regional finals baseball at 4. He hit his first over the fence home run yesterday. Lots of things in life to be thankful for. I may stop at Crest on the way home.
If you think this thread is folks being mean to each other, you’re in for a rude awakening if you hang around.🤣

I can assure you too that anything I say on here I’ll say the same thing to your face.:thumb:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here’s another grocery delivery service.🤣
IMG_2577.jpeg

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have not tried any delivery service from any grocery retailer. Never interested me because I don’t mind going to the store. I need to revisit this service.

Back in my previous life, I was on a conference call with some senior VPs and the brand legal team of a large CPG company I was with to go over some marketing critical claims and the subject came up of Walmart delivering and coming in to the shopper’s homes to put groceries away. One VP said “oh hell no”. Went on to say that he works with Walmart’s senior management in Bentonville and didn’t “trust those **** ******* in his house much less their delivery service”. They probably use that call as an example of what not to say on a conference call with a bunch of lawyers.

As to Kroger, my guess is that once they get past their Albertsons acquisition issues, they will buy some Homeland stores to compliment their delivery service.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nah. I'm sitting in my bedroom listening to the electrician and the plumber chitty-chat while they work on putting my kitchen back together.

The guy who was doing the bathroom went to Urgent Care this morning. I dunno for sure, because I'm not a doctor, but I think he may have gotten some insulation in his eye yesterday while he was up in the attic. The other guy who is usually here is in the hospital -- gall bladder or kidney stones. 🤷🤷 I dunno. I blame his text on the really good drugs he is getting right now. Lol (Yes, he was like I am soooo ****ed up guys! 🤣🤣)

All the appliances except the stove are here and it will be here tomorrow afternoon. (Y'all don't even want to know how that convo went. 🙄🙄 ****ing assholes. Anyway ...) Cabinets are "in" ... Just not "in" my house ... Hopefully my house will be back together in another week or two.

Hopefully I'll get to try some shooting after all that is done. I haven't been since these last 2 ablations and I want to see if they help with the pain levels when I shoot. 🤔🤔 Seems like they would but I dunno ... Because sometimes I can do stuff and sometimes it seems like they aren't working at all. I dunno ... 🤔🤔🤷
I'm at home today for this. Sometimes laying on the tiled floor in bathroom because that's how I can some relief. Other times I'm screaming and crawling to the bathroom so I can throw up. I think this is Gods payback for not being a follower 100% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom