FTF Problems w/SW M&P 15-22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodman2112

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, got my extra magazine delivered today. Coincidently, I received a post card today from S&W stating it was on back order for two weeks in the mail. Went down to H&H to try it out. No joy. Same situation with the stovepipes and FTFs. I'll be shipping the gun out this weekend to S&W. I'll let you know the results in a few weeks. Sigh.........................

rodman2112

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, got my M&P 15-22 back today from S&W. They had it less than two weeks, shipping time included. There was a letter inside that stated the gun was repaired to original spec. They also included an empty box of Federal amunition. I had no idea what original spec meant, so I called them. The customer service agent stated that the extractor was replaced. He said this was a common problem especially when the barrel is cleaned, the rod can strike the extractor and knock it out of position causing the FTL & FTF problems. I asked if the ammo box was a recommendation on what to use and he said "Yes, but you can pretty much use anything except Remington."
So, I immediately head out to H&H to test out the gun.........it works great. I ran at least a couple hundred rounds through it with out any problems. Very accurate too (BUIS and scope).
I wanted to test my luck with some Remmington gold ammo that I still had and loaded up about 10 rounds. Out of these 10 rounds, I had about 3 FTFs. No stovepipes, just FTF. The rounds had a clean hit from the firing pin, just no bang. I'm convinced, no more Remington ammo. :loser:
S&W also included an extra mag for all my trouble. So, alls well that ends well. I am very satisfied with S&W's customer service.:thumbup3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom