FTF Problems w/SW M&P 15-22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i know theres a guy over on the s&w forums, that got his 15-22 from a gun shop, he had the same issues, he took it back to them, and they where happy to exchange it for another one, and that one worked Flawlessly.

I was wondering about local? I have never had it happen but it would make me feel better if I knew I could return it if its a lemon.

TXshooter2k9

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, it would be really nice to know, if you got a gun somewhere, that they ywould be happy to refund or exchange if it was a lemon. Gool luck finding one, I'll do some looking around for sure, next time around.

rodman2112

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why can't you just take it back? I know the stores won't let you but I think that is terrible service and it really sucks to buy a product and can't use it for several weeks.

I bought the gun at Big Boys. I only had it two days! When I went back to the store, they told me it was a warranty issue and I had to contact S&W myself. I was kinda hoping they would swap it out, but no such luck.

Caseman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know if they would exchange one, but when I was having problems with the Sig p238 magazine, Sportsworld took it back to the their smith while I waited to have him look at it. When the pistol was recalled they sent it back to Sig for me. I would have bought the S&W 22 ar from them, but they didn't have one in stock. They called me a week after I bought one and they had gotten some in. It would have been about $20 cheaper than Academy. If Sportsworld has what I'm looking for, they would get all my purchases.

rodman2112

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the first bad experience I have ever had purchasing a weapon. New or used. I never really gave any thought to customer service when buying a new gun, just finding the best price. Believe me, I will consider it in the future.

TXshooter2k9

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey all, got my 15-22 back today, been at S&W for about a month for repair due to the jamming, etc issues. So went to Academy and picked it up this morning. S&W replaced the original magazine that the gun came with aswell as the Extractor. Went out with a mag full of Federal 550 bulk pack, then shot 10rds of Winchester Super X-super speedRN-HV-1300FPS, All shot flawlessly.

rodman2112-When i picked up the gun it was still in the orginal box, not wrapped or anything, it was just the way i gave it to them.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aww hell, brother....just send 'er off and start the waiting game. Sounds like you'll get a fully functioning rifle when you get it back. Who knows...maybe they smooth out the bolt rails and stuff for ya, too.