Full scale revolt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. And it won't be a "civil war", it will be civil unrest. It's why I mentioned earlier that we are already past the point of no return; no nation can have our debt, our drop off in manufacturing, our GDP, a rapidly-growing dependant class, and all the rest of our financial balancing act and survive in perpetuity. If it wasn't for the fact that the dollar is the world's reserve currency, we'd have already sh*t the bed. And as we settle in for another night of prime time dumbing down on the tele, China and other nations are working to bypass the dollar. And when that happens? So long, 'Merica. The Fed Reserve will pump out dollars (with interest) like there's no tomorrow to try and keep the nation's head above water, resulting in hyperinflation (Weimar German style) We'll go into a financial tailspin, the EBT cards can't be filled, Social Security checks quit coming, and on and on. State and local services grind to a halt, there will be bank runs, and all hell will break loose. It's not a fantasy, history has it's examples, and not that long ago. And history also didn't have electronic money that can disappear from accounts with the tap of a 'delete' key. It's pretty minor so far in Europe, and take a look at some of the early action in Greece. The potential for unrest is a whole lot worse here - and in my opinion - one of the reasons they're grasping at anything to accelerate gun bans, etc. The trainwreck may be closer than many of us want to admit.

There's no "fantasy" here; it concerns the hell out of me. I worry for my kids.

OK, I buy into the scenario of entitlements evaporating and the economy collapsing followed by wide spread rioting. I'm having a hard time seeing how gun confiscation would happen in this scenario. The need for firearms will be obvious so no one will want to give them up. The police and military will be overwhelmed and not in a position to do anything that demanding. Citizens will be banding together to do their own armed patrols.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, I buy into the scenario of entitlements evaporating and the economy collapsing followed by wide spread rioting. I'm having a hard time seeing how gun confiscation would happen in this scenario. The need for firearms will be obvious so no one will want to give them up. The police and military will be overwhelmed and not in a position to do anything that demanding. Citizens will be banding together to do their own armed patrols.

No - the confiscation would happen before the collapse; that's why there is such a hard push for it right now. Maybe those in the higher financial echelons can see just how close we are to a massive default, or how close the BRICS nations are to canning the USD? Our press keeps us willfully uninformed and ingorant of the real financial condition of this country, for a reason. When you start to look into it, it's serious - and we are likely not given half of the information about the gravity of the situation.

The police and military weren't so overwhelmed after Katrina to take people's firearms. Then again, they only took from those they knew wouldn't fight back. So better to snag them now through legislation.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I definitely think something bad is just over the horizon; I've been feeling it for a few years now.
The decline of journalism, the masses electing Obama, the world financial condition in general: all adds up to an ache in my gut.
Dark times ahead in my view.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I certainly hope not.
There's plenty of evidence to sway a person out there.
I'm still hoping mankind can pull this one out.
But like many here I have prepared for it.
And I'd be a fool not to.
We've been through tough times before.
I just hope we get through these.
3.5 years is a long time to choke it out.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think there's any stopping it now, regardless of who gets elected in 3.5 years. I hope I'm wrong.

LOL at anyone who thinks an election is going to fix this (or even make a difference, for that matter). This has been a slow, deliberate train wreck since 1913, and many politicians over the years are complicit. It doesn't take a financial genius to see that if some private institution lends you money it just printed up out of thin air at interest, that you'll never be paid off. If the U.S. was able to give every dollar that exists in the world (including electronic ones typed into accounts) and give it all back to the FED, there's still interest owed, with no physical or digital money left to pay it. Guess what's left? Woodrow Wilson screwed the pooch, and many of our other leaders along with the Federal Reserve have had old Shep pinned down for decades since.

We're way, way beyond fixing it, other than to tell all of our creditors to pound sand, kick the Federal Reserve the hell out of our nation, and start a new currency that is solely coined by Congress - as the Constitution expressly stated. But that would take an entire reset, and then we're back to the entitlement zombies going ballistic, not to mention some very pissed off creditors, some with formidable militaries.

Latest posts

Top Bottom