Funny Break-down, Take-down, Field strip stories?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never pull the trigger on a Beretta NEOS with the slide removed.

You will launch the firing pin across a very large room,,,
It was a week later that I finally found it,,,
In the dirt of a potted fern.

Aarond

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked at a gunshop in college. A guy was checking out a used Taurus PT-92. He wanted to field strip it to check out some of the internals. Knowing the guy as one of our best, regular customers, and knowing his proficiency with firearms, I was fine with him doing it. However, one of the local college know it alls that worked there told the guy that he couldn't allow it and only he could disassemble the firearm. Fine. All goes well until Joe College reassembled the Tauras and promptly cycled the slide which launched off the frame and right through the glass display case of some of our higher end handguns. He had failed to swing the little lever on the side that locks the slide to the frame. For some reason, Joe College didn't last long at the shop.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My ruger 10/22 was apart for almost 3 years. I took it completely down. Lost a piece in the trigger group. Could never remember to order one on my "next" brownells order. Even moved houses with it apart.

Was cleaning the garage one night at about 10pm and the part fell out of a box. I stopped everything I was doing and went And got the barrel stock and ziplock of receiver and small parts....45 min later I test fired it in the back yard and mounted a scope

Sent via message in a bottle

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked at a gunshop in college. A guy was checking out a used Taurus PT-92. He wanted to field strip it to check out some of the internals. Knowing the guy as one of our best, regular customers, and knowing his proficiency with firearms, I was fine with him doing it. However, one of the local college know it alls that worked there told the guy that he couldn't allow it and only he could disassemble the firearm. Fine. All goes well until Joe College reassembled the Tauras and promptly cycled the slide which launched off the frame and right through the glass display case of some of our higher end handguns. He had failed to swing the little lever on the side that locks the slide to the frame. For some reason, Joe College didn't last long at the shop.
Winner! lmao

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ever seen just how far a steel SKS 30rd magazine spring and follower can fly?? A lot further than I thought at the time.... (Finally found the follower 3 days later...)

Last edited:

soup

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got my finger stuck in a chinese finger trap trying to get a cleaning kit out of a sks. Had to have the wife help take the butt plate off so I could
free my finger.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom