Funny Break-down, Take-down, Field strip stories?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
With this bunch we have to at least have a few....

Tonight I pulled off the double idiot. I am building an AR-9. I was putting on the end plate when I take my eyes off for one second and "PLINK" there goes my spring. First idiot move. Then out of sheer luck I spotted it out of the corner of my eye. With excitement and focus on grabbing the spring, I did not pay attention to the orientation of the lower and dumped the detent into my short "shag-like" carpet. completion of the double idiot... Five minutes and a tool magnet later I was in luck!

I'll never forgot teaching my brother how to field strip a 1911. As I was saying make sure you hold on to the plu.. "ploink" shot straight up and left ding in my dad's ceiling. Still there :)

Anyone else want to tell on themselves?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm up!
Was going Prairie chicken hunting in the early 90's when we had some. It was grey light, and forgot I had a plug in the shotgun. Unscrewed the cap, lost control of it, so the spring and cap went flying into the middle of a pond.

Single shot for the rest of the hunt.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've spent more time on my hands and knees in the kitchen looking for the odd this-or-that that it's a going joke. The wife has helped find tiny screws out of R.C. helicopters, watches, electronics, AR lowers, ruger springs, primers, but the absolute worst are very expensive and very tiny micro drill bits. Sharper than a needle and terribly brittle, so if you lean on it in the carpet you break it as you find it. Sound great when you find them with the vacuum.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Pawl Spring and Pawl Spring Plunger for a Ruger Service-Six revolver are part numbers KE-50 and KE-51.

Although it wasn't funny at the time. Not even the old "Grab the shop vac" trick worked.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a 1911 spring plug and a S&W firing pin spring somewhere in my workroom. I can understand not finding the tiny spring but the spring plug baffles me.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The Pawl Spring and Pawl Spring Plunger for a Ruger Service-Six revolver are part numbers KE-50 and KE-51.

Although it wasn't funny at the time. Not even the old "Grab the shop vac" trick worked.

Lost those for my SP101. My practice is anytime I buy a new (or new to me) gun, I take it down as far as I can. Did that with the SP... *sproing*!! Took me an hour and a half to find it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom