G17 vs G17c

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I am looking into either a G17 or 17c. Anyone shot both and or have any comments on them. Also was is the going price for a Gen 3 G17 right now?

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well the main difference (actually only) difference is the 17c has the slots cut at the end of the barrel and on the slide. The 17c will blow unburnt powder and lead shavings out the top. Its very uncomfortable to get in your eyes. However if you have the opportunity to shoot both then by all means try them both. I just prefer the plain ol 17. A used 17 can be anywhere from 475-550 depending on what all comes with them and how much they have been shot. New? I have no idea. Its been a while since I bought a new one with out LEO discount.

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hey GC i could be wrong but doesnt the 4.5 trigger bar come in the c? You can find a good used 17 for $425-$450. You just missed a good deal in the classifieds, G17 with mags and nitesights for $400. I own the G17, dont care too much about the c models.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With part of the muzzle blast being diverted up into your sight picture, it is much easier to be distracted by a ported/compensated weapon with the possibility of getting something blown into your eyes as noted by GC. Also if it is for carry or defensive use, it would possibly night blind you in a low light situation. I personally would never use a ported weapon for anything other than competition or hunting.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 21C, it really tames recoil. But the the 9mm I would think it wouldn''t be needed. Especially with the draw backs, you wouldn't gain more than you lost. As they said gasses flow up out of the top of the barrel in a V shape. This can cause night blindness but also firing any firearm at night will cause it. Also if you are using it for self defense it can give contact burns and blow fouling into your face. You have to learn to turn you gun out while shooting it from the hip or the chest, which you could have to do during self defense. You could always get the C and then get a regular barrel if you don't like it.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
check with TK supply they had 1 in there yesterday looked brand new (didn't ask) for $489. I wouldn't pay more than that as gen 4 are running 530ish
and sales of older ones should soften as everybody wants the latest model.

Latest posts

Top Bottom