G23 Reloading - That horse isnt dead yet...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot lead out of my stock glock barrel. The trick is to cast hard lead bullets and shoot them no faster than 950 FPS. Also I reload all of my brass that my glocks have digested. I have had no issues. Once again the trick hear is I don't shoot ultra hot loads, some warm loads yes, but never max loads. I inspect my brass before and after tumbling. This one step alone will catch 99% of cracked brass. Also trim length is very important for any auto loader.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Good luck finding an EGW U-die, people have been on waiting lists for months. I started running my 40 brass through a G-Rx and have had a lot of success with it. I haven't had any problems since I started and none of my match ammo has failed to chamber check in my Kart barrel.

Just realize that whatever method you use to remedy the problem your brass wont last as long. On the upside, 40 brass is cheap and plentiful. Buy it now rather than later.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i have glock brass in 9,40 and 45.for some reason the 40 seems to bulge worse than the others.the bulging almost disappears on light loads.just keep them light and you shouldn't have any problems after you prep the brass right.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I went with the LEE dies and the Carbide crimp die. On my Dillon 650 I've ran about 10,000 40's though it here in the last few months and I've not had many problems at all. ( they have all been primer or bullet related)

I had the Dillon dies but they would not size the "bulge" as well as the LEE's

The old Glock 40's did not have a very supported chamber but the 3rd gen guns have a better supported chamber. Im running my stock barrel with range pick up brass, and I've yet to have any issues.
I glance at the brass during every step in the loading process and cull any that I have question about.
Im loading Hogdon Longshot powder as it gives good velocities at lower pressures.

I know the KB's are a problem but they are not just a Glock issue and so far my loads are doing good.

Good luck with yours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom