Galco Ankle Holster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope, sure dont. I think it would be hard to get to in an emergency situation.

People always say this but if a bad guy is close enough to me that I can't get to my ankle holster, then 2 things are likely going to happen:

1.) They're going to get stabbed (possibly a lot)

2.) They're way too close to me already - drawing from the hip is already what I would consider risky

I'll definitely agree that it's not ideal, but situational awareness goes a long way in avoiding getting caught with your pants down (which is the easy way to draw from the ankle :) ).

I've got an old Desantis Leather ankle holster (had a retention strap that I cut) that I use pretty regularly when I can't have something on my hip. It works great.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wore an Uncle Mike's ankle holster (S&W J frame) regularly for around 12+ years until I left it out last year and my Doberman chewed it up. I haven't replaced it because with OC now, I'm not as concerned if my Glock slips out from the bottom of my t-shirt. It was very comfortable. I need to replace it because now I stick a J-frame in my pocket if I don't want to wear something on my belt and I much prefer to ankle carry. I haven't used the Galco version though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom