Game processing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple of buddies and I are planning a hog hunt in the not-too-distant future. Assuming we bag something, where can we take the pig to be processed? Looking for someone in the OKC area.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not aware of any processors that will do wild hogs in my area, i dont think they are allowed anymore due to possible disease carriers. I dont know about OKC.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your just shootin'em for free (your crazy if your payin) the ditch is a great processing place! Those things stink and I hate them.

Seriously if you don't wanna cut them up yourself leave'em laying there, thats what I always did. 2busy might be correct about processors not being able to take wild hogs, dunno about that one. I will say this, if you don't know how to butcher something it would be a great learning experience. Ya can't screw it up and by that I mean if you don't like the way it comes out, just pitch the thing. All that really matters is that hog is dead.

Did I mention they stink and I hate them?

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your just shootin'em for free (your crazy if your payin) the ditch is a great processing place! Those things stink and I hate them.

Seriously if you don't wanna cut them up yourself leave'em laying there, thats what I always did. 2busy might be correct about processors not being able to take wild hogs, dunno about that one. I will say this, if you don't know how to butcher something it would be a great learning experience. Ya can't screw it up and by that I mean if you don't like the way it comes out, just pitch the thing. All that really matters is that hog is dead.

Did I mention they stink and I hate them?

Yeah they stink, but they are very good eating once you get them processed IMO. One of the nastiest cleaning jobs I know that I've done. But once you get past the smell, mites, worms, and funky green nasty growths there's some decent meat there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom