Pig hunting on private farm land?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Familyguy

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was told by a couple people that lots of farmers here will happily let people hunt pig in their land to help control crop devastation. I’m hoping that possibly someone knows of a farmer or has land that would be willing to help aid in getting in contact with someone who may be willing to work something out. Thanks

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was told by a couple people that lots of farmers here will happily let people hunt pig in their land to help control crop devastation. I’m hoping that possibly someone knows of a farmer or has land that would be willing to help aid in getting in contact with someone who may be willing to work something out. Thanks
I’m sure there are “some”, but I doubt “lots”. Good luck with your quest. :thumb:

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can find people to let you on their land to hunt pigs. Most people have it leased out for deer hunters. You might want to wait tell after deer season. You just have to go start door knocking. I have done it and got on land. You will spend hours and hours asking and getting shot down. There are people that will let you on but you’re going to have to offer something. Like clean the land or something like that.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep in mind that farmers will get subsidies for crop damage from the government. If they can get hunters to pay and shoot some hogs, they'll end up with more money. At least that's how it worked when I hunted elk on a private ranch in CO. He has crop damage every year and would get depredation tags to help control or at least move the elk off but also collected money from the state to cover the lost crops.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if you put in the time you will find something. Yes it is had to find and it will cost a butt load of gas money but you will find it. The worst they can say is NO. I got over 100 acre off the river because the land owners didn’t like the guy that was leasing land next to them. I was even able to deer hunt on it. I will say it cost me one of my trail cameras. Someone snuck on their land and stole a feeder. I gave them a trail camera. That was about $100. But I got it. Haven’t been there in over 6 years do to work.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if you put in the time you will find something. Yes it is had to find and it will cost a butt load of gas money but you will find it. The worst they can say is NO. I got over 100 acre off the river because the land owners didn’t like the guy that was leasing land next to them. I was even able to deer hunt on it. I will say it cost me one of my trail cameras. Someone snuck on their land and stole a feeder. I gave them a trail camera. That was about $100. But I got it. Haven’t been there in over 6 years do to work.
I agree 100%. I’ve been able to hunt private land back in Oregon. Honestly, there are some very generous people, usually older, who aren’t all about money and don’t have many plans for their land. Sometimes they’re happy to let an eager younger person on there to enjoy it so they feel like it isn’t being wasted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom