Game Wardens on Tenkiller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do the jugs have to list the exact address, or can it be the name and city where the fisherman lives?
This day and age of identy theft has me running scared.

I've been told by numerous ODWC people you can use first initial, last name, and city and state. In Missouri you only need your name.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is not illegal to carry in a state park.

TITLE 21 § 1277 UNLAWFUL CARRY IN CERTAIN PLACES
A. It shall be unlawful for any person in possession of a valid concealed handgun license issued pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act to carry any concealed handgun into any of the following places:
1. Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public;
2. Any meeting of any city, town, county, state or federal officials, school board members, legislative members, or any other elected or appointed officials;
3. Any prison, jail, detention facility or any facility used to process, hold, or house arrested persons, prisoners or persons alleged delinquent or adjudicated delinquent;
4. Any elementary or secondary school;
5. Any sports arena during a professional sporting event;
6. Any place where pari-mutuel wagering is authorized by law; and
7. Any other place specifically prohibited by law.

B. For purposes of paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 of subsection A of this section, the prohibited place does not include and specifically excludes the following property:
1. Any property set aside for the use or parking of any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority,
2. Any property set aside for the use or parking of any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, by any entity offering any professional sporting event which is open to the public for admission, or by any entity engaged in pari-mutuel wagering authorized by law,
3. Any property adjacent to a structure, building, or office space in which concealed weapons are prohibited by the provisions of this section, and
4 Any property designated by a city, town, county, or state, governmental authority as a park, recreational area, or fairgrounds; provided nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to authorize any entry by a person in possession of a concealed handgun into any structure, building, or office space which is specifically prohibited by the provisions of subsection A of this section.

so yes, it is illegal to carry in a state park...

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What part of

b. For purposes of paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 of subsection a of this section, the prohibited place does not include and specifically excludes the following property:

4 any property designated by a city, town, county, or state, governmental authority as a park, recreational area, or fairgrounds; provided nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to authorize any entry by a person in possession of a concealed handgun into any structure, building, or office space which is specifically prohibited by the provisions of subsection a of this section.

did you miss??

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I confess it was me, and yes I did thank him for excercising his 2nd amendment rights. And by the way you guys were the ONLY group we checked that night that wasnt breaking the law (that we know of) and thanks again for that.:clap3:

Very cool to see the Warden in that area is a board member!

I'm new to the Tenkiller area. We just bought our lake place in July of last year. I will be hunting there on private land (with a can now!! WOOHOO!!!). We've enjoyed fishing there several times now.

I do have a question though.... I have two sons, 6 & 11, who fish as I do. My wife generally helps my 6 year old when the 4 of us are fishing. Do I need to worry about her getting a license? She does not fish (she hates it) but she simply helps the 6 year old casting and with whatever else.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm new to the Tenkiller area. We just bought our lake place in July of last year. I will be hunting there on private land (with a can now!! WOOHOO!!!). We've enjoyed fishing there several times now.

I do have a question though.... I have two sons, 6 & 11, who fish as I do. My wife generally helps my 6 year old when the 4 of us are fishing. Do I need to worry about her getting a license? She does not fish (she hates it) but she simply helps the 6 year old casting and with whatever else.
If they see her with a rod and reel in hand and casting. That would appear as she is fishing. For under 30 bucks, I would be on the safe side, otherwise a fine will likely cost more.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahomabassin said:
If they see her with a rod and reel in hand and casting. That would appear as she is fishing. For under 30 bucks, I would be on the safe side, otherwise a fine will likely cost more.

This! My wife was with her step dad in a boat before we married. He had her hold the rod while he dip netted the fish. She got a ticket for no license.

APeterson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If your wife at any point is observed near the water line by a game warden with a rod and reel in her hands it lends to the appearance of her fishing.
I have seen citations issued with this very same scenario on two different lakes.

As Oklahomabassin stated save yourself some money and spring for the license and/or permit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom