Gas line explosion in Piedmont

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These photos are from the Williams Grocery parking lot pretty soon after it happened which is a little over six miles away.

9F454699-8F9B-4244-A7AC-ACB680A0B1A6.jpeg
AF6DD192-A3A2-4CBA-9B81-418F125032F9.jpeg

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had just picked my daughter up from church and stopped at the 7-11 in Surrey Hills. As she came out of the store, we heard a big wa-whoosh! sound and saw the fireball erupt into the sky.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That thing is huge . . . maybe they'll finally repave Waterloo . . . :)

What a messed up deal. Canadian county, Kingfisher county and the City of Piedmont are all responsible for paving different sections of that road. I bet the pipeline owners step up and take care of it.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks to me that it wasn't buried very deep. It being a section of the pipeline that would have been drawn through a drilled 'tunnel' under the road could have imparted some stress on the pipe, and it being what I believe is too shallow that stresses imparted to it from the frequent heavy oil hauling trucks passing over, or turning any of the corners, could have contributed to the rupture. It appears to be ruptured all along its upper edge. Another plausible cause could be it being gouged rather deeply by a bolder or large rock as it was drawn beneath the road.

I'm speculating, of course.

I'm glad no one was injured. I live 5 miles north and some of the firetrucks passed my house toward 2940 Road - AKA Reeding Road - to go south on their way to the west side of the fire.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom