Gas ltrimmers ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got an echo commercial model with wedding money 9 years ago from Ross feed and seed in El Reno. Thing still starts in just a few pulls, one problem is to much torque for the wife to run

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A heads up to you all. If you work on your own tools, appliances, etc. this site has everything you will need to fix your machines. I have only used it for lawn care machines but seem like it covers everything you can think of as far as appliances, tools, small equipment, etc. they even have diagrams and exploded views of motors, engines and appliances. It's a great resource.

http://www.ereplacementparts.com

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a stihl I paid 40 for off Craigslist and it's been awesome. Little heavy but that's the downside to a 4 stroke. I'd have preferred a straight shaft but I really have no complaints

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

somebodyinok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Troy bilt 4 cycle. I've had it for about five years. It's a little hard to start,but once it warms up, it's got plenty of power. Doesn't require mixed gas. Also there is a detachable electric starter available for it as well.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went with a 36v electric with the last one I bought. I got it right before my shoulder surgery knowing my wife would have to be doing the yard work for a while as I wouldn't be able to pull on it. Next gas one I get will be a 4 stroke electric start though, I'm done with 2 stroke's.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love Stihl but and I want to get one of their trimmers some day but I have a 22 year old Shindaiwa that runs like a top. Nothing wrong with it so I keep using it. I read where Echo bought Shindaiwa recently though. Tanaka is another good brand.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Where do you guys buy the replacement fuel lines at in the OKC area?

gary, in edmond, go to walkers lawn mower repair, circle saw shop or edmond lawn equipment
as was said, don't buy you echos,stihls or john deere from a big box store!
at the end of the season, start your machine up and let it get warm. kill it then dump the fuel. start it back up and set it down and let the remaining fuel burn out of the system. if you do this, the lines and bulb will last many more seasons.

XDTime

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up an Echo P225 string trimmer with edger attachedment at the local Farm and Garden last weekend. He did not recommend the new Stihl's, said they were now a 2-Stoke Motor with valves. More moving parts to have problems with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom