Gas prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I’m not mistaken they are not supposed to change prices of fuel till they replenish sold products. Is this correct?
Nope. They can change the prices whenever they want. The only exception is during a declared emergency where the percentages they can raise the prices are restricted.

As a friend of mine once explained it to me, what he paid for an item doesn’t matter as much as what it’ll cost him to replace it once it’s sold. If the gas in your station’s tank cost you $3.25/gal, but the distributor tells you it’s going to cost you $3.95/gal to replace it, you have to take that into consideration. Maybe you can afford to wait until the next delivery, but most stations are operating on pretty slim margins, so they have to raise the price in anticipation of that next fuel delivery bill.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Change over from the summer gas blend to the winter blend.
The winter blend is cheaper to produce. Prices should be dropping.

There is a disconnect somewhere. October futures indicate prices should be around 3.10 with transportation, state and federal taxes or so. Somewhere over that is profit for the gas station.

IMG_7768.jpeg

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2 years ago in portlandia I was paying $6.50+ for diesel. Cost me over $250 a week in my 1 ton. Thankfully enough psycho liberals were moving in from California that the housing market was still booming.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All complaints should registered at the White House with Cabinet member Ben Dover, Pedo Joe's Dept of America Destruction.
You can call 1-800-FU-IDGAF x-haha

Latest posts

Top Bottom