Generator problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t think you were. I was just saying why I chose what I did. I wouldn’t doubt of the engines and other parts are made in the same factory over there. I’ve seen other parts like that. Heck, when my dad still worked at Dayton tire he told me they made tires for a lot of different brands. They would just stick that brands name plate in the machine to attach that to the tire. I also know here in Shawnee, the Shawnee Mill makes their own flour, but they also make flour for KFC, Pizza Hut, and Surefine. A lot of people don’t know that. We would probably be really surprised how much stuff is made in the same place.
I’ve got nothing to add about your generator, but your comment about Shawnee Mills brought back some memories. Many years ago, I worked as a contractor for them. Good folks there. I’ll have to share my story one of these days about slipping while getting on the man lift and doing the splits.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve got nothing to add about your generator, but your comment about Shawnee Mills brought back some memories. Many years ago, I worked as a contractor for them. Good folks there. I’ll have to share my story one of these days about slipping while getting on the man lift and doing the splits.

I can't relate to doing the splits, but I certainly remember the man-lifts. At least the one at the elevator where I worked and managed, the man- lift was electric.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol. I know I shouldn’t laugh but I remember those well. There was a man that had a heart attack while riding up one there and he fell and died. Was a terrible accident.

As far as them being good people, some there are, just not the owners. They are nothing but lying pieces of crap that treat the plant workers like scum. I’m not exaggerating.

My mother in law has worked in the office there for almost 30 years. She gets sick leave, more vacation than what plant workers can get, she gets a few thousand dollar bonus every year. And other perks. We got wrote up if we were one second late, if we missed a day ( whether we had a doctors note or not). We had someone go to the ER and they got wrote up. I kid you not. All the owners care about is money. They put on a big show about how good of Christians they are but in reality they are terrible. They think they are better than the plant workers.

One day I went to talk to my mother in law on my break. She was away from her desk at the time and I was talking with the ladies that worked with her. This was behind the counter that customers would come to on the first floor. Bill Ford, the old owner (his son Joe runs it now) came in and the ladies introduced me to him. I reached my hand out to shake his and he wouldn’t even shake my hand! He said “we have a place for you to wait right out here”. Like I was some lowlife scum that didn’t deserve to be back there with the office folks. They even told him I was her son in law. It didn’t matter.

They have a lot of people fooled into thinking they are these amazing people when they really aren’t. The pay and benefits they have for the plant workers are a joke. The best thing that ever happened to me was getting injured, which led to me being fired. And God opened up a door for me to get on with ONG. Been here for almost 10 years now.

I took them to court for the injury and won. They had to pay me about $25,000. They tried to say i committed fraud on my workers comp. The judge sure didn’t think so. I didn’t want my job back so I didn’t pursue action on that. And the union there is the biggest embarrassment of a union I’ve ever seen. I asked them for proof of my fraud and they refused to produce it. Which violated our contract rules. But as I said, I didn’t want to go back.

I still have a friend that works there and he told me almost all of the workers that were there when I was have either been fired or they left ( on the flour packing side, not the feed side). They now have a temp service onsite because they are so bad to work for and go through so many people.

People like them really disgust me. They put on a huge show to convince people they are amazing when in reality they are horrible. And a lot of people fall for it.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol. I know I shouldn’t laugh but I remember those well. There was a man that had a heart attack while riding up one there and he fell and died. Was a terrible accident.

As far as them being good people, some there are, just not the owners. They are nothing but lying pieces of crap that treat the plant workers like scum. I’m not exaggerating.

My mother in law has worked in the office there for almost 30 years. She gets sick leave, more vacation than what plant workers can get, she gets a few thousand dollar bonus every year. And other perks. We got wrote up if we were one second late, if we missed a day ( whether we had a doctors note or not). We had someone go to the ER and they got wrote up. I kid you not. All the owners care about is money. They put on a big show about how good of Christians they are but in reality they are terrible. They think they are better than the plant workers.

One day I went to talk to my mother in law on my break. She was away from her desk at the time and I was talking with the ladies that worked with her. This was behind the counter that customers would come to on the first floor. Bill Ford, the old owner (his son Joe runs it now) came in and the ladies introduced me to him. I reached my hand out to shake his and he wouldn’t even shake my hand! He said “we have a place for you to wait right out here”. Like I was some lowlife scum that didn’t deserve to be back there with the office folks. They even told him I was her son in law. It didn’t matter.

They have a lot of people fooled into thinking they are these amazing people when they really aren’t. The pay and benefits they have for the plant workers are a joke. The best thing that ever happened to me was getting injured, which led to me being fired. And God opened up a door for me to get on with ONG. Been here for almost 10 years now.

I took them to court for the injury and won. They had to pay me about $25,000. They tried to say i committed fraud on my workers comp. The judge sure didn’t think so. I didn’t want my job back so I didn’t pursue action on that. And the union there is the biggest embarrassment of a union I’ve ever seen. I asked them for proof of my fraud and they refused to produce it. Which violated our contract rules. But as I said, I didn’t want to go back.

I still have a friend that works there and he told me almost all of the workers that were there when I was have either been fired or they left ( on the flour packing side, not the feed side). They now have a temp service onsite because they are so bad to work for and go through so many people.

People like them really disgust me. They put on a huge show to convince people they are amazing when in reality they are horrible. And a lot of people fall for it.
I remember hearing similar things about Mr. Ford (Bill), but I never met him. I was talking about the workers. I learned a lot about the process, and the guys were always easy to talk to. I wish that I could remember some of the names, but it was around 25 years ago since I’ve been there. The only name that I remember was the plant manager. His name was “Dub”. I only remember it because it was an unusual name.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put the new gaskets in this afternoon. I started up my generator and ran it for at least 20 minutes and put a small load on it and it never leaked a drop of oil!! So now I have two generators. I was gonna give it to my parents but I know that my dad won’t maintain it like he is supposed to and he will never get an interlock installed. So it will just sit there and ruin. I guess I am gonna keep it as a backup and if the power goes out I will let my neighbor use it because his is pretty small. This way if something ever happens to my new one, I have a backup. Thanks to all y’all that have me advice and help. I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom