Geo. Kaiser wants to turn Tulsa into Austin!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not his actions, its his statements. He stated in the article that he has guilt in everything he does, pointing to the fact that he feels guilty because he is a successful white businessman. The article clearly pointed out he is a progressive democrat. He built this park to "fix" a racial divide (a theme emphasized by the article). His version of a better Tulsa is highlighted by his quote of making Tulsa the next Austin, in other words a liberal city.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry but this mentality is a joke. Admittedly.... better education.....better leisure..... more jobs.... but that's not enough. So basically you're upset Kaiser can't do everything for the local government and one line about Austin set you off to believe this is some liberal mantra? He should do more!! Where are our grocery stores!! Let's forget what he's done on the West side feeding god knows how many kids on a daily basis, nor the partnership with Habitat for Humanity. Not sure there's many local non-profits the KFF doesn't work with.

People around here have this irrational fear about "outsiders" when if someone spent 5 mins on research they'd see a significant focus of his small business non-profits is to KEEP people, here. He's been preaching this for quite some time. The goal is to keep educators, and the best and brightest here, he wants small businesses to remain in Tulsa. Now he does want to attract people from other cities as well. The horror!!

Again IN YOUR OPINION! Just what part of
who could make his city the next Austin
do you not understand? And why are you such a huge GK nuthanger? So he feeds kids on the Westside, great! Habitat for Humanity? Awesome! What does that have to do with making Tulsa the next Austin?

It's not me who needs to separate these two disparate lines of thinking, it's you. Your argument sound a lot like "John McCain had a distinguished service career in the Navy, so we have to support everything he does as a Senator!". No, we don't and no we don't have to accept everything GK says and does just because he has a good heart. There's a reason we have the saying "The road to hell is paved with good intentions!". :(

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
that is fine, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. But 1) it's hard to argue that Tulsa is a 'sleepy little town' anymore. And 2) his comments could have been as much about the type of person (entrepreneurs and young professionals) as it is the quantity of people. He could have been saying he wants to bring young talent to Tulsa, not just more bodies. The next job creators, not just worker bees

I'm a little scared here, because I'm agreeing with you, but if we're taking that article line as gospel from Kaiser, then "furthering his goal of drawing entrepreneurs and young professionals who could make his city the next Austin."

And we do need those people. There seems to be a lot of dead weight, good ole boy, management in Oklahoma.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There wasn't any inference to be drawn. It was a statement of fact contrary to the joke about Kaiser being a Nazi party member.

I'm curious what you feel I was observing and what the flaw in it was.

The joke:

Kaiser.? Sounds like a Kraut, probably a Nazi. Austin might be a Nazi breeding-ground but we don't need any Nazi parks around Tulsa.!

Thank you power of Deduction.

prompted your response:

I know you’re joking but his family is Jewish holocaust survivors/refugees.

The flaw lies in the fact that there were German Jews who supported and collaborated with the Nazis in the extermination of their own. So much so that they had their own name: Judenrat.

There were also many Jews called "Mischlinge" who served in Hitler's armed forces.

https://thegreateststorynevertold.tv/as-many-as-150000-jews-served-in-hitlers-military/

All the ones who survived are technically "holocaust survivors". That doesn't automatically mean they're all equal. Too many people make that mistake so far removed from the events. That's all I'm saying here.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a little scared here, because I'm agreeing with you, but if we're taking that article line as gospel from Kaiser, then "furthering his goal of drawing entrepreneurs and young professionals who could make his city the next Austin."

And we do need those people. There seems to be a lot of dead weight, good ole boy, management in Oklahoma.

If you want ridiculous traffic jams, unaffordable housing, unemployed baristas holding "$15 per hour minimum wage is a right" signs on every corner and ultra-left political "leaders" like Sheriff Sally Hernandez, then yes we need them.

Some of us are saying let's NOT move from this:

conservative_2_map-1.png

To this:

liberals_2_map.png

Source:

http://austin.blog.statesman.com/20...liberals-this-study-says-its-one-of-the-best/

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again IN YOUR OPINION! Just what part of do you not understand? And why are you such a huge GK nuthanger? So he feeds kids on the Westside, great! Habitat for Humanity? Awesome! What does that have to do with making Tulsa the next Austin?

It's not me who needs to separate these two disparate lines of thinking, it's you. Your argument sound a lot like "John McCain had a distinguished service career in the Navy, so we have to support everything he does as a Senator!". No, we don't and no we don't have to accept everything GK says and does just because he has a good heart. There's a reason we have the saying "The road to hell is paved with good intentions!". :(

I was responding to YOUR comments. You JUST WHINED about grocery stores in the north..... I said he feeds kids daily. You JUST WHINED about housing...... I said the KFF partners with HFH. Point is, you boys keep coming back with this "well he doesn't do this" BS rhetoric, when it fact, he does at least on a partial level.

Nuthanger? Expect a little more from you. I work with and sit on the board of a few non-profits (none of them are within the KFF circle) but I appreciate the work that they do because... nobody else is helping to the degree that umbrella is...... that includes our government as a whole. I certainly don't agree with him on Healthcare (ACA) but that doesn't mean I'm blind to what these foundations do. Unlike so many so called "conservatives" around here I appreciate someone remaining in Tulsa and investing in their community. This is in lieu of the cynicism behind a keyboard that many around here think is so helpful, to a local community that some don't even seem to live in. Dare I say I can appreciate the actions of a "progressive liberal" because he puts his money where his mouth is and is making Tulsa a better place. Yes yes... I know "That's only an opinion" but none of you have relayed how what he has done is a negative. Other than the liberal mind control theories set forth by some.

Finally, your whole John McCain argument is a pretty good strawman. John McCain has a pretty rich history of betraying trust of Republicans IMO. Actions that are quite different and measured against a paraphrased one-line comment written by the New York Times so many of you have taken to gospel and dreamed up a malicious intent. In which I'm saying that his actions DO speak louder than perceived words. Again, not one of you has come forward with regards to how any of these actions such as building a park has translated to me voting blue when I walk in to the park.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want ridiculous traffic jams, unaffordable housing, unemployed baristas holding "$15 per hour minimum wage is a right" signs on every corner and ultra-left political "leaders" like Sheriff Sally Hernandez, then yes we need them.

Some of us are saying let's move from this:

conservative_2_map-1.png

To this:

liberals_2_map.png

Source:

http://austin.blog.statesman.com/20...liberals-this-study-says-its-one-of-the-best/

Surely an accomplished businessman wasn't speaking of the high rate of local education, job growth, etc. No.... a businessman says he wants to bring entrepreneurs..... and by that he means..... LIBERALS!!!!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was responding to YOUR comments. You JUST WHINED about grocery stores in the north..... I said he feeds kids daily. You JUST WHINED about housing...... I said the KFF partners with HFH. Point is, you boys keep coming back with this "well he doesn't do this" BS rhetoric, when it fact, he does at least on a partial level.

Nuthanger? Expect a little more from you. I work with and sit on the board of a few non-profits (none of them are within the KFF circle) but I appreciate the work that they do because... nobody else is helping to the degree that umbrella is...... that includes our government as a whole. I certainly don't agree with him on Healthcare (ACA) but that doesn't mean I'm blind to what these foundations do. Unlike so many so called "conservatives" around here I appreciate someone remaining in Tulsa and investing in their community. This is in lieu of the cynicism behind a keyboard that many around here think is so helpful, to a local community that some don't even seem to live in. Dare I say I can appreciate the actions of a "progressive liberal" because he puts his money where his mouth is and is making Tulsa a better place. Yes yes... I know "That's only an opinion" but none of you have relayed how what he has done is a negative. Other than the liberal mind control theories set forth by some.

Finally, your whole John McCain argument is a pretty good strawman. John McCain has a pretty rich history of betraying trust of Republicans IMO. Actions that are quite different and measured against a paraphrased one-line comment written by the New York Times so many of you have taken to gospel and dreamed up a malicious intent. In which I'm saying that his actions DO speak louder than perceived words. Again, not one of you has come forward with regards to how any of these actions such as building a park has translated to me voting blue when I walk in to the park.

You're complaining about me setting up a strawman, after building an entire position around one in regards to the premise of this thread? Seriously? :confused:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Entrepreneurs and young professionals do not equal unemployed baristas.

I am saying I agree with him that we need hard working intelligent innovate young people.

I live in Claremore, where the average age is 87 (and they all still drive, slowly - another thread), and any mention of change or new has people wailing and gnashing teeth about liberal commies and pinko californicans. Whatever.

For those wanting "sleepy little towns", have you driven many back roads in OK lately? Oklahoma doesn't do small towns well. Most of the ones I've been through went from sleepy to comatose years ago, and have since gone from comatose to life support, and that's been unplugged in many of them. I've been through many that the only thing moving is basically death spasms. They could be sets for Walking Dead easily.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Surely an accomplished businessman wasn't speaking of the high rate of local education, job growth, etc. No.... a businessman says he wants to bring entrepreneurs..... and by that he means..... LIBERALS!!!!

You're beginning to fray at the edges. Might want to pull up before you dive it into the ground.

Latest posts

Top Bottom