Geo. Kaiser wants to turn Tulsa into Austin!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Entrepreneurs and young professionals do not equal unemployed baristas.

I am saying I agree with him that we need hard working intelligent innovate young people.

I live in Claremore, where the average age is 87 (and they all still drive, slowly - another thread), and any mention of change or new has people wailing and gnashing teeth about liberal commies and pinko californicans. Whatever.

For those wanting "sleepy little towns", have you driven many back roads in OK lately? Oklahoma doesn't do small towns well. Most of the ones I've been through went from sleepy to comatose years ago, and have since gone from comatose to life support, and that's been unplugged in many of them. I've been through many that the only thing moving is basically death spasms. They could be sets for Walking Dead easily.

And with this all I'd like to add is that man of the projects initiated by KFF are centered around retention of people out of H.S. or college.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I am saying I agree with him that we need hard working intelligent innovate young people.

I live in Claremore, where the average age is 87 (and they all still drive, slowly - another thread), and any mention of change or new has people wailing and gnashing teeth about liberal commies and pinko californicans. Whatever.

For those wanting "sleepy little towns", have you driven many back roads in OK lately? Oklahoma doesn't do small towns well. Most of the ones I've been through went from sleepy to comatose years ago, and have since gone from comatose to life support, and that's been unplugged in many of them. I've been through many that the only thing moving is basically death spasms. They could be sets for Walking Dead easily.

There's a world of difference between the time warp that is Claremore, and Austin. Tulsa is a lot closer to Austin now than it is Claremore.

The premise of this thread: GK wants to attract entrepreneurs and young professionals to make Tulsa more like Austin. Austin specifically targeted those people and companies from liberal enclaves, which in turn further solidified the liberal lock on Austin politics. GK is a liberal Democrat. Ergo, GK would like to make Tulsa more like Austin, which suffers from multiple maladies that invariably plague liberal enclaves. No one ever WANTS those maladies (including GK), but they happen nonetheless.

Nothing JD8 has posted has dispelled that notion. His actions may or may not be incongruous to his stated goal. He stated it, not us.

And that's all I have to say about that. :)

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AGAIN, don't you know that parks are the gateway drug to liberalism? Sheesh, how many times do we have to say it? Because it's not like parks are open to everyone, regardless of political affiliations or anything

Seriously? Here is a stated progressive democrat (aka left to far left liberal) building a park with the hopes that it brings the racial diverse population in Tulsa together. That is so idealistic its borders on asinine. Then, in the same article, it states this is another step in his goal to turn Tulsa into the next Austin. So, you are inferring that a Liberal cited as wanting to make Tulsa the new Austin in no way means making it more liberal? Little hint, it wasn't the park, its the intention behind building the park. Besides, what is his next step? Gun control? Suppression of Conservative voices? Oh wait, how about the now popular "people are adults at 18 years old but they are not adult enough to use tobacco or have firearms" ideology? I'm sorry, but I want Tulsa to be further away from Austin in ideology than they are geographically. Is it no surprise that the GKFF doesn't list their partnerships or what non-profits they give to on its website? Is it no surprise that Kaiser himself is very private? IMO he is another member of the liberal elite who are hell bent on turning the US into a UN model of liberalism.

Simply uttering the same phrase again doesn't change the fact that this guy built a multi-million dollar park for very ideological and unrealistic reasons. That same money would have been better spent in other ways that he already gives to. Yes, its a nice park, and I'm sure some people will get enjoyment out of it. But it a) won't ease racial tensions (not that Tulsa has as much as other places) and b) won't make the less fortunate any more fortunate because of its existence. And if his goal is to use his money to turn Tulsa into another Austin, well no thanks.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Here's my thought process. GK has no planes and no yachts, but has two homes. GK is one of the 50 richest men in the world. I'm thinking that if I were on that list with him, and I wanted a 2nd home somewhere, that I can say without any doubt whatsoever that San Francisco isn't going to make the cut for consideration. To me that speaks volumes as to his social/political character. Yes, that's where his second home is.

Now when I flee the big **** hole in the middle of the state, I think I'll move to Claremore. Sounds groovy!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
WAIT A MINUTE!!! You dont actually live in Lawton, so you cant criticize :D
Heck I thought he was only stating facts , which part was criticism!! :cool: And if Lawton is to far just jump off I-40 at Western on OKC and head north and look at the sprawling Walmart cart/canvas bungalow the bums built on the overpass!! :yikes2::cool:

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my thought process. GK has no planes and no yachts, but has two homes. GK is one of the 50 richest men in the world. I'm thinking that if I were on that list with him, and I wanted a 2nd home somewhere, that I can say without any doubt whatsoever that San Francisco isn't going to make the cut for consideration. To me that speaks volumes as to his social/political character. Yes, that's where his second home is.

He didn’t choose SF as the site of his second home; his second wife owned it when he married her. (His first wife died many years ago.) Not saying he’s not of the liberal bent, but let’s keep the facts straight.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Broken Arrow, Bixby, Sand Springs, Claremore, Collinsville... try any of those places the naysayers can recommend.

But not Tulsa. We're a bunch of liberals with a billionaire Marxist and new park :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom