Ghost deer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went out this weekend and built me a quick ground blind for muzzleloader season (Never one to wait til the last minute...LOL). Also checked my feeder, and there is corn all on the ground; now, not even two weeks ago, there was never a kernel left. My camera on the feeder also went from 100+ pics a week to about 40, and most of them are at night. Was thinking about trying a fake scrape or something of that nature, but not sure how far out from opening weekend to make it. There is one rub, maybe two, around the feeder already. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is weird. Could anyone be sneaking in and hunting? They don't usually just quit. I have heard of it before though when the acorn crop is really good and around our area, they are really dropping. Let us know if you figure anything out.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is weird. Could anyone be sneaking in and hunting? They don't usually just quit. I have heard of it before though when the acorn crop is really good and around our area, they are really dropping. Let us know if you figure anything out.

You pretty much hit it when you said the acorns are dropping. They will leave any feeders, or food plots if you have acorns dropping.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pulled a camera off one of our food plots tonight that we have oats and peas in and had put our some corn and bonedemonium deer attractor. There were a couple of small 6 pts hitting it and a doe and couple of fawns but not very regular. I think they are hitting the acorns hard right now.

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got lots of hog pics but very few deer the last 2 weeks. I also have lots of left over corn on the ground. I have turned my feeder way down now. There is no skeaking around in the woods, with all the acorns on the ground its sounds like your walking on frozzen snow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom