Giffords and husband raise funds for gun control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"In response to a horrific series of shootings that has sown terror in our communities, victimized tens of thousands of Americans, and left one of its own bleeding and near death in a Tucson parking lot, Congress has done something quite extraordinary - nothing at all," Giffords and Kelly wrote in the op-ed.

What really sticks out to me is the "...one of its own" statement. To me, this sums up the whole issue. Too many of our ELECTED officials BELIEVE they are BETTER than us. They BELIEVE it is their job to RULE us and not SERVE us. Its not about GUNS....its about CONTROL!

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess if I had my head shot off I would probably do the same thing. Not surprising.

I don't think that if I got shot in the head my reaction would be to restrict millions of people from using the tool that hit me in the head.

The only thing that's not surprising is that she's a politician.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was terrible what happened to her and I hope she recovers. That being said, it really gets old having the media play on our compassion by using these victims. So many people are not capable of thinking for themselves.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People who don't have experience with firearms, except as seen on the news and in movies, will see this as convincing evidence of the need for gun control.

To me, this means two things 1. We need more new people learning to shoot -women especially and 2. Gun owners need to speak up about the liberty and self defense aspects. When doing this we must be seen as reasonable, solid citizens. It is not about selfishly protecting our "toys", it is about freedom in a much larger sense and the right to self-defense by the small, the weak and by someone in potentially outnumbered situations. Want to see a utopian society without guns? Then watch, "A Clockwork Orange." There is where your utopian leftist ideas will take us.

We also need to promote solidarity among gun owners. Would that NRA, GOA etc would unify and tell us to drive with our headlights on or display American flags as a sign of our united support for the Second Amendment and against any infringements. I sense a lot of gun owners are scared and need encouragement.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even if I did get shot I wouldn't be stupid enough to want to ban or restrict guns. I was attacked and stabbed a couple of years ago (before I started carrying) and I didn't go on a crusade to ban knives. She is just a left winged anti gun fool. I am sick of hearing her name. She wasn't the only one shot. What about the other people? I bet they get pissed to only ever hear that idiots name. She's no different than Feinstein and Obama.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People who don't have experience with firearms, except as seen on the news and in movies, will see this as convincing evidence of the need for gun control.

To me, this means two things 1. We need more new people learning to shoot -women especially and 2. Gun owners need to speak up about the liberty and self defense aspects. When doing this we must be seen as reasonable, solid citizens. It is not about selfishly protecting our "toys", it is about freedom in a much larger sense and the right to self-defense by the small, the weak and by someone in potentially outnumbered situations. Want to see a utopian society without guns? Then watch, "A Clockwork Orange." There is where your utopian leftist ideas will take us.

We also need to promote solidarity among gun owners. Would that NRA, GOA etc would unify and tell us to drive with our headlights on or display American flags as a sign of our united support for the Second Amendment and against any infringements. I sense a lot of gun owners are scared and need encouragement.

I agree; we need some central call to action. How did the tea party get going? Was it Hannity that actually started that?
I think rallies at state capitals is a good thing; I hope it comes together before it's too late.

Latest posts

Top Bottom