It seems that while everyone was focused on COVID-19, the Dem's proposed more gun control legislation. This resolution was sent to the Subcommittee on 3/10. There's a log going on in this bill. It doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of being signed into law, but take a look at what they're trying to do. Here's some of the bigger bullet points: Imposes a 30% tax on all firearm purchases Imposes a 50% tax on all ammunition (including individual supplies for reloading) 39% of the money collected from these taxes would be put toward research on and programs for gun violence prevention. The legislation does not specify how the funds would be allocated or where the other 61% of the money would go. Bans all suppressors, silencers, 'mufflers' as they call it generally requires individuals to obtain a license to purchase, acquire, or possess a firearm or ammunition; raises the minimum age—from 18 years to 21 years—to purchase firearms and ammunition; establishes new background check requirements for firearm transfers between private parties; requires law enforcement agencies to be notified following a firearms-related background check that results in a denial; creates a statutory process for a family or household member to petition a court for an extreme risk protection order to remove firearms from an individual who poses a risk of committing violence; restricts the import, sale, manufacture, transfer, or possession of semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices; restricts the manufacture, sale, transfer, purchase, or receipt of ghost guns (i.e., guns without serial numbers); makes trafficking in firearms a stand-alone criminal offense; requires federally licensed gun dealers to submit and annually certify compliance with a security plan to detect and deter firearm theft; removes limitations on the civil liability of gun manufacturers; allows the Consumer Product Safety Commission to issue safety standards for firearms and firearm components; establishes a community violence intervention grant program; and promotes research on firearms safety and gun violence prevention. There is more, but that's most of it. Here you can read the full text if you are interested: https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/5717/text If this wasn't enough, Sen. Elizabeth 'Pocahontas' Warren introduced S.3254, which is the Senate's companion to this bill, on 2/5/20. Here's the Senate's bill: https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/3254/text I don't know about you, but I haven't heard one single thing about either piece of legislation in the news over these past few months. Do you think it's possible they are trying to push this legislation through quietly while everyone is freaking out about the COVID-19 virus? Of course they are. Wasn't sure if this belongs in Law & Order or in the Politics & Hot Topics section. Mods please move if necessary. Thank you.