Giffords and husband raise funds for gun control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have sympathy for her and anyone else who has been shot with a gun by a crazy person- I have been shot myself- but this is not the answer.

Late 80s I got shot in the left upper arm by a guy we had kicked out of our bar earlier in the evening for roughing up his wife only to come back later and shoot at all of us with a rifle in the parking lot when we were closing and trying to run every one off at 2. He just shot right into a crowd of us. Some how a couple of brave dudes got to him and stopped it ( hahaa, cops wanted to know 'how his face got so fcked up'. No one knew...). Mine was only a surface wound but a few others were seriously wounded and I thank the Buddha that no one died that night. I have spent over 20 years in the entertainment and bar/club management business and it wasnt my first or my last incident involving violence, I just chalked it up to the business I was in. It was NOT the guns fault, it was a dumbasses fault. It may be a broken record comment but guns dont shoot people themselves- if so, my old G17 coffee table TV guide paperweight would surely have shot me or someone in the house by now and it hasnt yet.

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have sympathy for her and anyone else who has been shot with a gun by a crazy person- I have been shot myself- but this is not the answer.

Really glad to read your post (well, I mean, it sucks you and others got shot, but my point is I was glad to read your perspective).
It's a curious reaction that we see after a shooting (especially several in such a short amount of time). We've seen when someone loses a loved one to a drunk driver. They don't go after the car manufacturer; they don't go after the alcohol manufacturer (and their vast marketing)/distributor/seller; they don't go after the state for issuing that person a drivers license. Instead, they try to prevent others from driving drunk. They don't try to stop people from driving. They (usually) don't try to stop others from buying/consuming alcohol.

But when someone is shot by some berserker, the victims, families, and (most especially!) politicians go after everyone else's guns.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People who don't have experience with firearms, except as seen on the news and in movies, will see this as convincing evidence of the need for gun control.

To me, this means two things 1. We need more new people learning to shoot -women especially and 2. Gun owners need to speak up about the liberty and self defense aspects. When doing this we must be seen as reasonable, solid citizens. It is not about selfishly protecting our "toys", it is about freedom in a much larger sense and the right to self-defense by the small, the weak and by someone in potentially outnumbered situations. Want to see a utopian society without guns? Then watch, "A Clockwork Orange." There is where your utopian leftist ideas will take us.

We also need to promote solidarity among gun owners. Would that NRA, GOA etc would unify and tell us to drive with our headlights on or display American flags as a sign of our united support for the Second Amendment and against any infringements. I sense a lot of gun owners are scared and need encouragement.
You hit the nail on the head...
If we do not educate our younger generation on how to use firearms safely and how useful firearms can be....then the RKBA will naturally cease to be recognized by the lefties. No politicians will dare de-recognize it, if the general population thought RKBA was commonplace and a natural right.
Believe it or not, RKBA is still considered natural in Oklahoma compared to many of the other states, where apparently only freaks really carry guns, and the armchair, country-club republicans like to talk about being FOR 2A, but only as an academic issue...they personally abhor hunting as cruel and view folks who own guns and shoot as hayseeds....See the metrosexuals on Fox News for example.

Bottom line, we need to keep educating our kids, otherwise Oklahoma will go the way of Colorado....
NRA does have some programs, but not enough. I believe people are scared of liability when teaching kids, but we need gun education offered in our schools.
After all, guns are everywhere, and even the lefties are not or taking ALL guns away (at least not yet). So they must acknowledge that guns are everywhere.
So if we all agree that guns are everywhere in the USA, then the question is: how do we make firearm handling safer? By trying to hide firearms from as many people as possible and making it a dirty word? Or by training everyone on how to use it.
See the civilian marksmanship program, started by our government in earlier days, when (gasp) military surplus M1 garands were sold to the civilian population at discounted prices so they could improve their marksmanship abilities. That's right, military style "assault" weapons.
Can you imagine the current lefties supporting anything like that? It's a wonder they haven't killed it yet...perhaps that is one spending the lefties WILL cut...
http://odcmp.com/Comm/About_Us.htm

:)
PS
Love your analogy from Clockwork Orange. Ironically, a movie that the lefties love. But are too dumb to see its real message.

JM44-40

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a terrible thing what happened to her and those other people that day.

But, what I can't understand -- is why her husband (don't know her capacity now and can't judge it) would set in that courtroom and accept, and be satisfied with, life in prison for that piece of **** instead of the death penalty.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a terrible thing what happened to her and those other people that day.

But, what I can't understand -- is why her husband (don't know her capacity now and can't judge it) would set in that courtroom and accept, and be satisfied with, life in prison for that piece of **** instead of the death penalty.
I guess he wasn't bothered by it because he knows that he has momentum from his wife being shot to try an erode our 2A rights away. I know that if it was me I would have been PO'd. So now the fools will be on a constant crusade to take us law abiding citizens rights away. That must make them feel great to be wanting to punish us because of what a few have done. Punish the many, for the acts of but a few. Just sad.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No way am I going to think or say anything bad about Nancy Gifford. I strongly oppose what she's doing but as far as I'm concerned she got a free pass to have and preach her opinion when she got shot in the brain. I know from experience what she and her husband are going through. Everything from wiping her bottom like a baby, to holding her up while she trys to walk again, to watching her try to just say something as simple as, "hello", and to changing her sheets because she's incontinent. That bullet path for all intents and purposes damaged her brain as though she'd had a left-brain stroke. My pissed-offedness is at the raging maniac who shot her.

Latest posts

Top Bottom