given glock another chance...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly dont see what people had against the G36. The model from several years ago had issues, but the new ones are rock solid.

Unless your issues were more with the caliber AND feel combo, then I fear you wont find the G26 any different. With the exception of being 100ths of an inch thinner and the fact is a .45 compared to a 9mm, there isnt much difference in feel.

Im saying this as a gun user, not a glock fan. Keep in mind, while I carry glocks for CCW, you will often hear the HK/1911 guy in me say "I'd rather throw a rock than shoot a glock."

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glocks ain't suppossed to look good or feel good. They're suppossed to work. Period. They are simply a tool.

A gorgeous Smith & Wesson revolver or a beautiful 1911 is what you show your friends.

A Glock is what you show your enemies. ;)

yes sir thats a very true statement:patriot:, its pretty obvious they dont make them for nothing but to work, thats why im only interested in carring it when its gona have a chance of getting abused...

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly dont see what people had against the G36. The model from several years ago had issues, but the new ones are rock solid.

Unless your issues were more with the caliber AND feel combo, then I fear you wont find the G26 any different. With the exception of being 100ths of an inch thinner and the fact is a .45 compared to a 9mm, there isnt much difference in feel.

Im saying this as a gun user, not a glock fan. Keep in mind, while I carry glocks for CCW, you will often hear the HK/1911 guy in me say "I'd rather throw a rock than shoot a glock."

im not a big glock fan(never have been)at the time i bought it g36 i wanted a 45 glock so i just didnt want the weight of it so im not "in love with one more than the other" or like one more than the for me they both have their place,sorry thats me needing to correct my statement from earlier...

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
im not a big glock fan(never have been)at the time i bought it g36 i wanted a 45 glock so i just didnt want the weight of it so im not "in love with one more than the other" or like one more than the for me they both have their place,sorry thats me needing to correct my statement from earlier...

Gotcha. Wasnt trying to be a dick. Was just saying. I like Glocks for what they are worth. Its a tool. You'll never hear me say "They're the best danged gun out there."

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
im not a big glock fan, and some of you guys have told me the glock 36 i got dont do glock justice, so i bought a g26 and im gona give it a try:thumb: and see if it will "win me over", i havent shot it yet but just the feel i could see (maybe) carry'n it during work :o but its just not nice enuf to any other time,and "im sorry if i made any glock people mad in the making of this thread":sorry1:

No Need my friend to say sorry my friend. A friend of my bought a G36 not long ago from a sponsor on board. He likes the size of the gun but he can't shoot it as well as G17 and G19. He sold it to me and yeah I can't shoot it either. I can shoot G21 G22 all day but when I pick up a G36 I just can't shoot it at all. My best guns are G26, G19, G17, G23 I can shoot these 4 all day but if I pick up a G32 and G36 I will not hit anything at 15 yards. That just me though, I suck and I admit it.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a G26 that i did a grip reduction on, it goes everywhere with me. Been the best feeling ccw i have ever had. I dont think ill ever get rid of it. And shoots just as good as my 17 at 10 yards.

My 26 is more gooder than my 17 at 10 yds. Of course my 17 has been used and abused and could use a little work. I was talked into the Glocks by another esteemed board member and now I'm looking to expand into the .45 realm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom